Babies, babies, babies!

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
View Badges
Joined
Oct 1, 2015
Messages
5,851
Reaction score
9,613
Location
Gulf Breeze, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thought I'd share some pretty cool things that have been happening in my 6 month old reef. (I would've added pictures if I could have gotten ones worth sharing!).

Limpets:
I started out with 3-4 limpets, but now have nearly a dozen all over my DT and sump.

Turbo snails:
Had over a dozen of these in my CUC, but just noticed the other night two, tiny white blobs moving around on the glass. At first I thought they were limpets or pineapple sponges, but on closer inspection, they were baby Turbos!

Serpent stars:
I bought a small banded serpent as part of my cleanup crew several months back. About two months ago, I ran across a very large banded serpent in the LFS, so I decided to add it as well. The other morning, I noticed some small worms peeking out of a rock near the front of the tank. When I looked at it closer, it was a baby serpent star! I'm not sure if I have a male and a female or if I put a pregnant female in, but there are now three in my tank ;)
 
Your baby snails are most likely collonista snails not turbo
 
So far, they don't have the same shell pattern, but I can see how they'd be difficult to distinguish from one another. I haven't added anything to the tank in a while, for what that's worth.
 
Did you use live rock when you set up the tank they come as hitchhikers
 
Yeah I wasn't sure about them either the first time I saw them in my tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new