Back in it again!

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its nice to see others with half circles hahaha we're starting a revolution!! lol excited to see how yours keeps coming along as ill be right behind you in terms of setup!
Another person that has a couple of these set up is @Shaun Sweeney, he is a great guy and has a ton of great tips on these particular tanks. Don't be afraid to ping him during your build.

OP
OP
B Mack8

B Mack8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1701468305855.png

Hey everyone! Thanks for all the love and support!!

"UPDATE!!"
(lol)

Wish i had better news, but turns out you can get beat up tanks from strangers... So after I filled the half round tank, it was FULL of scratches and blemishes. I spent a month trying to buff the glass with jewelry and glass polish to no avail. I didn't like the look and I was uncomfortable with the look of the tank and my knowledge/equipment at the time, so I sold the tank to a large fresh water fish local collector.

Fast Forward, Life happened in between now and then. Now Ive had a new 50 gallon tank from petco empty, for over 4 years. Now shopping for a massive sump (triton method) as I'm spending my tax return before I get it. Massive salt water bug for the last 2 months!!!! Planning a tank upgrade from 50 to 125 with next years return when im successful with triton, but this year I'll get equipment and sump up and running/established. I'll add another tank to the system if i need to... since im considering the TS-60 https://synergyreef.com/product/ts-60-triton-style-refugium-sump/

I have been studying off and on for ten years and still only have 1 year of tank experience. But THIS IS THE YEAR!!! So excited!! Like I said, I have the 50 gallon at the moment, with my heart set on a 125+ ish gallon LONG 70". I love zoas, and feel like the triton method will fit me perfectly as i ease into the more snooty/trippy coral I'd love, and high end fish, specifically mandarins! Less water changes, with more automation in dosers. Im in a buy once kind of mood with this personal ecosystem. Synergy sump, Reef octopus protien skimmer 200 or 150? Ecotech XR30 or smaller.... Apex system (haven't decided which on yet), and haven't decided on dosers yet, thinking replacement heads/parts. Trying to plan far ahead. So many Decisions, decisions, decisions!! BRS tv has been a HUGE help as well as this R2R community!

Will be getting materials to build the stand to hold my new massive sump and future tank after I appease the Mrs and replace the flooring this month. 2024! The Tank of BMack shall begin! Lol Stay tuned boys and girls! This Newby will be one with the sea in his living room soon enough.

OP
OP
B Mack8

B Mack8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OR

125 gallon 73 x 19 ish from my local shop Something Fishy for $1000 ... Leaning towards the 70" ish face to be honest.... Thoughts? Name brand is enticing since i want these tanks to last forever with no explosions..

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 41 26.8%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 30 19.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 29 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back