OP
I

Instigate

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The CBB has been improving. I don't think I see any more cloudiness on the tail fin anymore. The past week he has not been eating that great and very skittish. He doesn't trust me like he used to before the TTM. He
s eating, but not as aggressively as before. Still looks thick and healthy though. Today it seemed like he was eating better. Heard him make his clicking noise when he ate today. He comes up to me and twitches his head when he's hungry and he's doing that again. He hadn't for the past week or so. He's pacing a lot the past few days also. I wrap up the tank with a black cloth and it seems to help calm him down. But sometimes it doesn't seem to mater, he's just fed up with this tank. Tomorrow is day 10, I'm going to try to take him to the full 14 days I think. Hard to decide, I think the stable parameters, good water quality and mature biological filter of the DT will help him recover. But I want him to get as much of the antibiotics as he can to help get him get over the infection.

OP
OP
I

Instigate

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today he seems to be back to his old self. Eating great and not pacing, not skittish. And I don't see anything physically wrong with him. Hard to know for sure without good light though.

OP
OP
I

Instigate

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go the full 14 days just to be safe.
For sure, kinda thinking the same. If I find myself getting another CBB I will definitely be just running TTM from the get go and QT him with a couple fish that will clean up all his leftover food.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For sure, kinda thinking the same. If I find myself getting another CBB I will definitely be just running TTM from the get go and QT him with a couple fish that will clean up all his leftover food.

I've been QTing my CBBs lately with firefish. In addition to being excellent janitors, the firefish seem to be afraid of the CBB for some reason. This causes them to shoal in a corner far away from the CBB, and they've stopped killing one another like before. :D

OP
OP
I

Instigate

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been QTing my CBBs lately with firefish. In addition to being excellent janitors, the firefish seem to be afraid of the CBB for some reason. This causes them to shoal in a corner far away from the CBB, and they've stopped killing one another like before. :D
Nice! lol Thanks for the suggestion. What was the url for you website? Any fish up for sale yet?

OP
OP
I

Instigate

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the CBB and YWG in the DT on Thursday. He's looking good and is right at home he knows he's the boss of the tank. He likes to chase all of the other fish at times but never for more than an instant and he never touches them. It all seems like harmless posturing to figure out the pecking order. He did nip at my trachy once but hopefully he didn't like the taste. I'd hate to get rid of it. He also has been nipping at my larger nassarius snails at times.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back