• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Bad service from Digital Aquatics

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

VanGogh121

Melba Toast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a long and drawn out story, about problems I had with two ReefKeeper lites I purchased.
I have used the original RKL for well over 2 years; I purchased a second unit in January for a second tank.

I had problems with my older and out of warranty unit late February and used my new RKL to troubleshoot the old one. After hooking up the newer unit to the older unit the new unit had the same problem.
Here is the e-mail I sent to DA:

Confidential pm's deleted - PLEASE do not post pm's between you and the seller - especially if those pm's took place outside of R2R. Thanks!

This is the response I got from DA:

Confidential pm's deleted

I sent the warranty and contact info they requested and promptly got a RA, I sent the equipment in and got this response.

I was ok with this, I didn’t get the units wet but given the proximity to a saltwater tank, I didn’t disagree.
Given the response, I was under the assumption they were going to repair the newer unit that was only a month old. (See highlighted text)

After this e-mail I was toying with the idea of an upgrade and replied with this:

After several months, I realized an upgrade would be out of my price range and requested they send the working unit back.

I promptly received the unit back, both units not working.

I sent them this e-mail:

I have sent them copies of the previous e-mails asking for clarification but since have not got a reply.

I understand that a contact with water may have destroyed the first unit, but I was told, “Your troubleshooting steps of swapping the head units with the single PC4s is the right way to goâ€

And I was also informed, “Given the situation, we are willing to replace the newer PC4, which should work just fine with the newer head unitâ€

I just chocked the new unit to a $115 dollar loss. I will share any future communication with DA or lack thereof.

In closing, I wouldn’t deny there could be water damage, and they are the experts as I trusted their judgment, but I also thought there e-mail said they would replace the newer unit as it was struck down by the faulty older unit. If they communicated that info to me originally, I would be preturbed, but would have accepted there diagnosis. They led me to believe it was going to be replaced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 23 17.4%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 55 41.7%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 17 12.9%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 5.3%
Back