Balcony tropical diy build

stefanm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started my build back in December 2016, it was actually a Christmas present for my daughter, was supposed to be ready last July for her birthday.

I made a lot of changes throughout, finally it's up and running.

The tank was made by a local LFS, the tank was supposed to be in our living room, my wife thought it was too big, that argument was actually a blessing in disguise, after a few beers I got the tape measure out and the dimensions were sweet for my balcony.

A little more thought and the sump design was changed, the sump(s) are now in the garden, so my display is approx 85 gallons and sumps 60 gallons.

Delays, lots of them, I had a bad year last year, so everything on hold other than small works.

We have very frequent power outages here, so one of the main things was to get a battery backup and a ups inverter, that cost almost as much as my diy LED's which can pump out close to 300 watts. Another big expense was a chiller, which was made from an old window shaker a.c. and a titanium coil which I vaguely designed, works superbly so far!

Pictures and a timeline to follow soon...

OP
OP
S

stefanm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How it looks now, I'm going to do this backwards...
IMG-20180502-WA0014.jpeg

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back