!!!BC CHEMICAL BOMB!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Finally got this guy in the pic tank today. Grown out from a random frag off a dying Indo colony. I have been patiently waiting on this piece to come around, and the last couple months it's really been looking good.

I wanted to cut a frag or two so badly, but had to resist till I got a couple good shots. Now that I've managed to cross that off the list, I'm sure I'll have a few branches clipped before the day is over.

Little different shot set up though. I hung a small Photon V1 value fixture over the pic tank to supplement the 250 watt radium with a little royal blue. Hoping got get a little more pop, but to not over do it.

You can clearly see the difference in the lower right corner of the wider shot, where my camera was shading the LED. There's a bit more luminescence to the branches receiving the Royal Blues as well. Not to mention the deep blue crevices in the background which I am not crazy about. Kind of throws the pic off if you ask me. In hindsight, I should have shot with, and without the LED's to demonstrate the effect better. I may re-shoot anyway, but here's few good pics of a nice looking new piece. Up on the site today!

reefaboo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Adam .. quick question .. why does this ( at the tips ) happen to some corals ?
upload_2018-4-11_13-32-44.png

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey Adam .. quick question .. why does this ( at the tips ) happen to some corals ?
upload_2018-4-11_13-32-44.png

More than likely my hands when I pulled it to get into the pic tank. Alas, another reason why I'm so slow to get colony shots. lol I honestly hate moving them around like that.

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A recent chemical weapons attack in Syria where many people lost their lives choking on chlorine gas. A recent chemical weapons attack in England where many people were affected. Poor taste? I mean, do we want "chemical bombs" in our tanks and to think of chemical bomb attacks when we look at this picture of what is otherwise a beautiful coral? I think you can do better Sir.

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A recent chemical weapons attack in Syria where many people lost their lives choking on chlorine gas. A recent chemical weapons attack in England where many people were affected. Poor taste? I mean, do we want "chemical bombs" in our tanks and to think of chemical bomb attacks when we look at this picture of what is otherwise a beautiful coral? I think you can do better Sir.
Its just a name. Not meant to mean anything more than that.

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its just a name. Not meant to mean anything more than that.

Seriously...just a coral name...there are "atomic" this or "toxic" that names out there too, I don't think any ill will is meant by it at all.

Adam - Always love seeing your new releases! Another beauty!

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s what you call REACHING
I don't think you understand what the word reaching means dude. If the recent chemical weapons attack in Syria and our pending response to it wasn't all over every media outlet right now, then it would be reaching. But, we don't live under a rock and are not oblivious, are we?

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Ok, I was fully expecting something like this and I do appreciate your comments. I did very much consider what's going on in the world before I plugged this name in today believe me, and would have been surprised even if this wasn't brought up. But, it's a coral named after a cartoon song. Nothing more. That's it. Anything taken or extrapolated beyond that is completely unintentional. I do apologize for any offense I may have instigated with this one. Please understand, I don't take these names seriously, and I really hope that most people share that sentiment.

Last edited:

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you understand what the word reaching means dude. If the recent chemical weapons attack in Syria and our pending response to it wasn't all over every media outlet right now, then it would be reaching. But, we don't live under a rock and are not oblivious, are we?

Let’s leave it there this thread is not about that it’s just the naming of a coral.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back