BEST LED Light Option

DocRose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just throwing my net out their looking for recommendations for the BEST possible lighting option for my tank. Money is not an issue. I do ask that you provide your top 3 options (and if you don't mind explain the why). I'm working with a 29 gallon standard tank with the dimensions of 30" x 12" x 18" (length, width, height). I have a mix of all types of corals (softies, LPS, and SPS). Presently I have a single AI Prime 16HD over my tank, and I was looking into getting a second because I'm not happy with the spread of just one. So I figured before I dump money into a second, I'll look for other options, that are better. I'm all ears! ;Happy

View Badges
Watch BRS videos of lighting they test all popular lights out there.

reefingaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the HD prime and color and growth was just not there. Went to Kessil 360x and all My corals and anemones transformed and loved the Kessil.

OP
OP
DocRose

DocRose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watch BRS videos of lighting they test all popular lights out there.
They don't have a video on what the best lighting is though. They just review each light individually.
I had the HD prime and color and growth was just not there. Went to Kessil 360x and all My corals and anemones transformed and loved the Kessil.
Did you run one Kessil or two? ...and what size (dimensions) tank did you run it on?

bobnicaragua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Halides and T5 are the best option for growing corals. Any LED with t5 will make your life easier. The best LED light is hybrid T5 or halide.

Focus on spread and spectrum for coral health. Shimmer, disco effect, and florescence - pick what appeals to you.

OP
OP
DocRose

DocRose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Halides and T5 are the best option for growing corals. Any LED with t5 will make your life easier. The best LED light is hybrid T5 or halide.

Focus on spread and spectrum for coral health. Shimmer, disco effect, and florescence - pick what appeals to you.
Brand suggestions and/or specific unit recommendations? And as far as what appeals to me, it boils down to two things...
1. What will make the corals grow and "pop".
2. Something with a programmable schedule (with dimmability and w/o need for controller).

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been very happy with my orphek Atlantik for the past 3 years. Just need to mount it high for blending but it has, far as I know, the largest spectrum of any LED fixture with 380nm uv and infrared leds as well. I still think they are the best fixture unless one needs to mount low, but one could rig up a diffuser if needed.

reefi led would be my 2nd pic, the lime and pc amber give amazing color rendition.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 124 59.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.5%
Back