Best reef safe pellets?

BaileyB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently feed prime reef flakes and occasionally frozen mysis, but I’m starting to get vermetid snails and am thinking I might be over feeding a little bit, I would like a pellet to add variety in diet as well as keep the tank a little more clean. I want something that my fish can eat and also the corals too, what do you guys use? Thanks!:)

Sailfin11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New life spectrum pellets are one of my favorites. Corals tend to like frozen food more than pellets. I would get a turkey baster if you want to target feed corals with mouths like duncans, hammers, etc. One tip if you are trying to minimize nutrients: strain your frozen food before using it. Best of luck!

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
New life spectrum pellets are one of my favorites. Corals tend to like frozen food more than pellets. I would get a turkey baster if you want to target feed corals with mouths like duncans, hammers, etc. One tip if you are trying to minimize nutrients: strain your frozen food before using it. Best of luck!
+1 all of my fish like every type nls I've tried.

LadyTang2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TDO chroma boost, best pellet on the market IMO. Made by reef nutrition
I wanted to TDO chroma boost in an autofeeder but it says to refrigerate them once opened, anyone doing this? I wonder how long they stay reasonable good at room temp?

I might have to use another brand of pellet that says its good at room temp :-( Any suggestions?

OP
OP
BaileyB

BaileyB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to TDO chroma boost in an autofeeder but it says to refrigerate them once opened, anyone doing this? I wonder how long they stay reasonable good at room temp?

I might have to use another brand of pellet that says its good at room temp :-( Any suggestions?
Had mine for 3 months now sat at 70° in my fish room and fish still eat it no problems.. but I’d look more into it because I noticed it says to refrigerate as well

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using Hikari Marine S and seems to be working. Recently switched to frozen mixtures and off of pellets except when I need to auto feed.

Hoping to reduce nitrates and phosphates.

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It's perfectly acceptable to keep TDO at room temperature in an auto-feeder. Many hobbyists will refill once a week or once every two weeks with no problems.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back