Best T5 Bulb combo

  • Thread starter Thread starter Larsen
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Larsen

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2011
Messages
184
Reaction score
2
Location
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok ordering my 8 bulb T5 fixture and I need to know what is going to be the best bulb combo, for the perfect light spectrum?
 
I am running 12 x 39w on my 125......I have two bays of six lamps.....my combo front to back on each side.

ATI Blue +
ATI Blue +
ATI Purple +
ATI Blue +
ATI Aquablue Special
ATI Blue +

Has a nice bluish hue to it, not too blue, most colors in the tank are bright.
 
I'm running similar on my frag tank, and would stick with the same combo on a display. The color is perfect for what I like, not too blue, but just enough to give some colors that pop. I'm running:

ATI Blue +
ATI AquaBlue Special
ATI Purple+
ATI Blue +
 
thats a tough one. depends on what look you're going for. either way ATI is the best to go with IMO.

front to back
blue+
aquablue special
actinic
aquablue special
actinic
blue+
 
This all comes down to how blue you want it. I would personaly go with somthing liek this which will be on the super blue side

Blue +
Aquablue special
Purple pluse or fiji
Blue pluse
Aquablue special
blue +
Fiji or purple pluse
Blue pluse

I like the fiji's or purple pluse in there for the reds and pinks it makes them pop if that purples in there long term.
 
i went with this for my 4 bulb fixture

ATI blue+
ATI aquablue special
ATI blue+
KZ fiji purple
 
define perfect. :)

Haha exactly, it depends on the look you want, with an 8 bulb fixture one of the most common setup that I see is 5 ATI Blue Plus's, 2 ATI Aquablue Special, and 1 ATI Purple Plus.
 
Haha exactly, it depends on the look you want, with an 8 bulb fixture one of the most common setup that I see is 5 ATI Blue Plus's, 2 ATI Aquablue Special, and 1 ATI Purple Plus.
if it was my tank, this is what I would most likely go for. :bigsmile:
 
Ok ordering my 8 bulb T5 fixture and I need to know what is going to be the best bulb combo, for the perfect light spectrum?

It really depends on what color spectrum you like.

I like the 14k over all range. I have 3 blue plus on purple and 2 10k bulbs over my tank. All ATI.

does anyone even use white bulbs for t5's anymore?

LOL I do. Maybe this is why I never get responses when I post pics...:tongue:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new