Bio Pellets Brand

bklynreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to use the Reef Interests NP Bio Pellets a few years back with great success but looks like packaging or something changed with the company or looks of it. Im wondering which brand your using. It has to reduce PO4 and Nitrates like Reef Interests did for me. My thoughts were either Tropic Marin Biopellets cause tropic makes very good products or two little fishes brand.

OP
OP
bklynreef

bklynreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im leaning back to Reef Interests which now they are calling All In One Biopellets heres their claim and looks like im all in for this. I thought tropic marin or 2 little fish would be better but ill give them a try again since they did great for me the first time years ago.
Previously, Reef Interests was the first to develop and present the NP reducing BioPellets which are mostly removing Nitrogen waste products and along with a smaller amount of Phosphates. As competitors came on the seen, DVH has been hard at work developing a new and better product called All-In-One BioPellets. After 4 years of development and research we are very pleased to be able to present the Reef Interests All-In-One Biopellets (Patent Pending), which can be used to more efficiently remove both Nitrogen (5x) as well as Phosphates (10x-20x) without the need of using separate phosphate removing substrates.

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve always wondered if brand matters. Aren’t all biopellets the same in function? They seem to have lost a bit of popularity as people are generally trying to raise nitrates over the zero zero we all did years ago. I dose for nitrate, but looking for a phos solution outside of the maintenance for GFO.
Considering dusting off my bio pellet reactor but remember it was more for nitrates with little real impact to phos. Bio pellets for phos? Real or real marketing. :)

OP
OP
bklynreef

bklynreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve always wondered if brand matters. Aren’t all biopellets the same in function? They seem to have lost a bit of popularity as people are generally trying to raise nitrates over the zero zero we all did years ago. I dose for nitrate, but looking for a phos solution outside of the maintenance for GFO.
Considering dusting off my bio pellet reactor but remember it was more for nitrates with little real impact to phos. Bio pellets for phos? Real or real marketing. :)
I'll tell you this that that this brand of pellets has been feeding my corals, reducing PO3 & NO3 not in a crazy amount but definitely a nice drop. As for PO4 I use Lanthanum Chloride for price reasons. My NO3 has dropped from 25 to 50 now at .02 and PO4 at .16. I run PO4 that high cause my cal over 500, alk 11.5, mag over 1500. Now that things are in check the ats and fuge with cheato with the BP reactor should keep it all in balance. So back to this brand of pellets I would try it but remember slowly then add as you go along. Takes weeks for results.

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll tell you this that that this brand of pellets has been feeding my corals, reducing PO3 & NO3 not in a crazy amount but definitely a nice drop. As for PO4 I use Lanthanum Chloride for price reasons. My NO3 has dropped from 25 to 50 now at .02 and PO4 at .16. I run PO4 that high cause my cal over 500, alk 11.5, mag over 1500. Now that things are in check the ats and fuge with cheato with the BP reactor should keep it all in balance. So back to this brand of pellets I would try it but remember slowly then add as you go along. Takes weeks for results.

Once your system is balanced and everything is within desired ranges. i.e. adjusted w/ lanthanum, etc. ...and your biopellet gets consumed does the PO4 start creeping up in a material way? That's the only way to know if the pellets are contributing to keeping PO4 in check. I'm sure there are other variables, but assuming no changes to anything else after it's "balanced".

I'm about to barely maintain PO4 under 0.12 without GFO and hence the question.

OP
OP
bklynreef

bklynreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once your system is balanced and everything is within desired ranges. i.e. adjusted w/ lanthanum, etc. ...and your biopellet gets consumed does the PO4 start creeping up in a material way? That's the only way to know if the pellets are contributing to keeping PO4 in check. I'm sure there are other variables, but assuming no changes to anything else after it's "balanced".

I'm about to barely maintain PO4 under 0.12 without GFO and hence the question.
I have used them before this about 4 years ago and they did keep the PO4 at bay. Its not a solution to the PO4 problem because it wont bring it down that much especially if you keep feeding the tanks but in combo with other things working to keep PO4 down it will help and feed your corals.

Saltees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I been running 1 LTR of DVH AIO Biopellets for a month+ in bottom chamber of my TORQ G2 2.0 reactor, during the whole time, my NO3 remains at 45-50, PO4 at 0.4 due to my fish load. I’m still waiting for my NO3 to drop, but added GFO to the upper chamber of TORQ to bring the PO4 down to 0.1. No idea how long more before I will see a drop in my 120G.

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I been running 1 LTR of DVH AIO Biopellets for a month+ in bottom chamber of my TORQ G2 2.0 reactor, during the whole time, my NO3 remains at 45-50, PO4 at 0.4 due to my fish load. I’m still waiting for my NO3 to drop, but added GFO to the upper chamber of TORQ to bring the PO4 down to 0.1. No idea how long more before I will see a drop in my 120G.

Last time I ran biopellets it took awhile for the pellets to colonize. Couple months before I actually saw any results myself. Your 1 month seems to be in line and I would just hang in there a bit longer.

Saltees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last time I ran biopellets it took awhile for the pellets to colonize. Couple months before I actually saw any results myself. Your 1 month seems to be in line and I would just hang in there a bit longer.
Thanks… I was thinking for a moment, it’s not working for me…

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back