Biota Yellow Tang review

TSM Aquatics

jaganshi066

View Badges
Reaction score
I bought one august fro AB and indeed it was small translucent but healthy and eating like a pig from the get go
Was eventually added to the display tank and promptly took off after a much larger tang who only defended itself to the point that the yellow was removed and now the ruler of a 40 cube until it out grows it
it recovered from its battle scars amazingly well and expect to have it at least as long as it takes for the Hawaiian authorities to come to their senses

now how about a captive bred Potters...
Would love a captive bred potters

AS

FortLivingRoom

View Badges
Reaction score
@Biota_Marine
I just received my yellow tang today, thanks for all y’all do, great packaging!
What should I be feeding? I’ve given 2 feedings of mysis shrimp and some nori so far and he hasn’t eaten. Hopefully just due to the stress of shipping. Any other recommendations on what to feed? Thanks!!!

stealyourhouse

View Badges
Reaction score
@Biota_Marine
What should I be feeding? I’ve given 2 feedings of mysis shrimp and some nori so far and he hasn’t eaten. Hopefully just due to the stress of shipping. Any other recommendations on what to feed? Thanks!!!
I wouldn't worry too much the first day. I got mine yesterday, and he did eat in the afternoon (Hikari brine shrimp). Today I tried feeding Nori in a clip, and he ignored it, but seemed to really enjoy the TDO-C1 Chromo Boost Pellet food.

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
@Biota_Marine
Thanks for the kind words! At our facility they get a few daily feedings of Pellets. We mix TDO B2, C1, PE pellet, and Hikari's spirulina pellets. We also have nori sheets and ulvu in their tanks throughout the day and they get feedings of PE Calanus and Hikari's spirulina enriched brine shrimp daily.

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

FortLivingRoom

View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words! At our facility they get a few daily feedings of Pellets. We mix TDO B2, C1, PE pellet, and Hikari's spirulina pellets. We also have nori sheets and ulvu in their tanks throughout the day and they get feedings of PE Calanus and Hikari's spirulina enriched brine shrimp daily.
Thanks, I have some PE 1mm pellets, do you think those are too big? I’m thinking I need to get some TDO.

The AP Tank

View Badges
Reaction score
In a pinch we've crushed up larger pellets into a rough powder and they'll go for it.
Glad I came across this. Mines eating fine but even the small pellets are big, he/she picks at it them the my pig clown comes and takes it. I’ve been leaving a nori clip in there and I can see it eating but I’ll also try the crushed pellets. Great, active, healthy fish! Very happy with my purchases from Biota.

FortLivingRoom

View Badges
Reaction score
In a pinch we've crushed up larger pellets into a rough powder and they'll go for it.
Thanks! He’s reall come around in the last few days. TDO B2 arrived today but he’s been eating the frozen mysis shrimp the last couple days too. I just got in some Rod’s food for herbivores and I’m going to give that a shot as well. Thanks for all the advice!

TSM Aquatics

Have you ever had a Angelfish in your reef tank?

• Yes and it was a model citizen (tell us which one)

Votes: 146 32.5%
  • Yes but it did nip from time to time

Votes: 62 13.8%
  • Yes but I had to remove it because it went rogue

Votes: 31 6.9%
  • No but I would like to try one

Votes: 131 29.2%
  • No and not interested

Votes: 62 13.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 17 3.8%
Reef Breeders