Birds nest?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Magellan
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 13, 2019
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
11,471
Location
Charlotte
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was sold this coral a couple months ago, was told it was a birds nest and I placed it in my tank accordingly (up high and getting a ton of flow). Now that it’s grown out abit, I’m wondering if it might be a pocillapora and if I should move it. The first picture is the original coral (and under an old white metal halide) and the second picture is the same coral after about 3 months and under nighttime LEDs)
05F1E2FE-6A4D-457B-BBC5-55FA26078013.jpeg
4C889263-7FB6-47CE-AFC3-288A59839DBE.jpeg
 
you can leave it right where it is my blue and green pocillopora loves the high light and grows awesome. the one on the left is the top half.
pocillopora.jpg
 
you can leave it right where it is my blue and green pocillopora loves the high light and grows awesome. the one on the left is the top half.
pocillopora.jpg

Do you dose calcium? (Your tank looks great!) I have a 28g nano that gets regular water changes, but other than occasionally bumping the alkalinity if it gets low I don’t do anything besides feed the corals.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new