Black dots on acan lord, is this bad
20190428_180212.jpeg

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Going to need a better picture for people to help.

0FE9DAC1-F430-40FF-995F-07ED65B93ED6.gif

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry that’s not any better, do the spots move? Your acans look fairly happy from what I can see by the pictures, if whatever it is was bothering them they wouldn’t be inflated like they are.

OP
OP
O

Omer6969

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry that’s not any better, do the spots move? Your acans look fairly happy from what I can see by the pictures, if whatever it is was bothering them they wouldn’t be inflated like they are.
They weren't there 3 hours ago, the spots don't physically move before my eyes, but there is a favia colony a few inches away. Could it possibly be that.

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They weren't there 3 hours ago, the spots don't physically move before my eyes, but there is a favia colony a few inches away. Could it possibly be that.

Having a Favia to close might be problematic as they can extend long sweepers and potentially sting other corals but if your Acan had been recently stung it probably would be deflated.

OP
OP
O

Omer6969

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having a Favia to close might be problematic as they can extend long sweepers and potentially sting other corals but if your Acan had been recently stung it probably would be deflated.
That's what I was thinking to. It's just tiny black dots. I forgot to dose ALK but it was a slight dip, not a crash, I'm gonna watch this over the next few days and if it gets worse I'm gonna dip the acan in iodine, worst case I'll cut the affected polyp off.

OP
OP
O

Omer6969

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm gonna look at them at night to see if the favia sweepers are touching the acan.

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don’t look to bad in that second picture but I personally like to see more tentacle extension which for me is a indication of how happy they are, dipping them wouldn’t be a bad idea and I would clean up the hair algae it’s probably aggravating them.. some of my happy Acans, notice the tentacles

E36192FF-0015-4E3B-B3F0-A0DB9D691DBD.png

OP
OP
O

Omer6969

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don’t look to bad in that second picture but I personally like to see more tentacle extension which for me is a indication of how happy they are, dipping them wouldn’t be a bad idea and I would clean up the hair algae it’s probably aggravating them.. some of my happy Acans, notice the tentacles

E36192FF-0015-4E3B-B3F0-A0DB9D691DBD.png
Nice acans, yea the hair algea is because I'm stupid and I crashed the tank. It's getting better every week. If it moves across the acan or doesn't go away I'm gonna dip them

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 48 44.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back