Blackworms and feeding

newmonium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After reading some great articles on feeding lice blackworms to your reef, I decided to try. I read that feeding these will also keep the fish in reproduction health. My question is, will it also spawn new aggression? I have a Clown and a flasher wrasse. They usually swim together and are pretty buddy buddy until today (3 worm feedings later). Now the clown seems to be chasing the Flasher. Coukd this be due to the blackworms or is there something else going on?

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After reading some great articles on feeding lice blackworms to your reef, I decided to try. I read that feeding these will also keep the fish in reproduction health. My question is, will it also spawn new aggression? I have a Clown and a flasher wrasse. They usually swim together and are pretty buddy buddy until today (3 worm feedings later). Now the clown seems to be chasing the Flasher. Coukd this be due to the blackworms or is there something else going on?
I feed black worms often but I don't have any wrasse's I have a pair of clowns but everyone gets along

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure it can affect aggression. Blackworms are fresher, have beneficial gut bacteria, and are high protein.. It will give the fish greater vitality and vigor. Part of that will be preparing to spawn. Regardless of whether a mate is available or not it will get it's spawning site situated so time won't be wasted when a suitable mate arrives. And part of getting that site ready is chasing away any possible threats to the eggs.

OP
OP
newmonium

newmonium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure it can affect aggression. Blackworms are fresher, have beneficial gut bacteria, and are high protein.. It will give the fish greater vitality and vigor. Part of that will be preparing to spawn. Regardless of whether a mate is available or not it will get it's spawning site situated so time won't be wasted when a suitable mate arrives. And part of getting that site ready is chasing away any possible threats to the eggs.
That's what made sense to me

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 60 29.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 44 21.4%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 23 11.2%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 72 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back