Blasto Spawning?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Isoprene
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Isoprene

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 28, 2012
Messages
1,032
Reaction score
122
Location
Tallahassee, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple minutes after my white lights turned on my blasto squirt pink liquid. I can't find any videos on it, is this normal? My goby seems to like it.
 
Can anyone help me here all I can find searching online is that it might be angry for some reason. I thought at first it was spawning but now I am questioning that. It was shooting a good amount of pink liquid (which looks like when dendros secrete sperm) our onto the rock below it. My goby was eating it a little, it puffed out two shots of the stuff then stopped.
 
Last edited:
There is very little info on coral sexually reproducing in aquariums. You might try contacting a local aquarium (Texas State Aquarium here in Texas is doing research) or try SECORE - About SECORE If you can get a good video I suspect that would help.

I caught some yellow stone/rock polyps releasing eggs once but it happened just before lights came on.
 

Attachments

  • Yellow Zooanthid Spawning A.jpg
    Yellow Zooanthid Spawning A.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new