Blue long tentacle anemone

  • Thread starter Thread starter KMHREEFER
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

KMHREEFER

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 8, 2019
Messages
27
Reaction score
19
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I picked up a nice large blue long tentacle anemone about a month ago for my 2 clowns and after a few hour acclimation, it settled its foot deep in the sand. The next morning it had doubled in size and moved slightly below a rocky overhang. I’ve notice over the last few weeks that it has slowly been losing the blue color and been showing a lot more pink with an almost blue-green hue to the last inch or so of its tentacles. It eats really well, hasn’t moved at all and is fully inflated almost always so looks healthy to me but looking for some opinions on the color change. Too much light or not enough? I am using 2-16 inch SB reef lights about 8 inches of the water of a 21 inch tall tank. Have the blues at 100 percent and the whites at about 50 percent. All corals are thriving and the anemone has become more opaque compared to when I first brought it home, which I know is a good thing.
FD765C50-150D-4EB2-8309-F89F04DAB6CA.jpeg

Here it is about 6 hours after being added to the tank.
EBD67DED-4BDC-499C-922C-EF4DAC12A0DE.png

Here it is now, one month later.
 
Beautiful anemone! Welcome to R2R!

 
Last edited:
looks good to me, prob darkened up in response to better lighting in your system than LFS.
 
Thanks for the responses. To be honest as long as it’s healthy I’m happy with whatever color it wants to be. Still blows my mind how big it got in such a short time. It’s been touching all its surrounding corals, both sps and lps and they don’t seem to mind at all so I’m pretty lucky because either can easily be moved.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new