Blue ring octopus one Ebay

kass03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember seeing one at a LFS here some 20 or more years ago.
I don't think they should be legal to sell at all ebay or not.

kass

oceaninabox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got to be kidding me. We just got one in at our local supplier. I was thinking about buying it until i read this...Wow am I glad I read this. Although his is the Haplochlaena fasciata variety. But after additional research, still DEADLY.

southstar66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think if you have experience with octos, and responsible and researched enough to know their behaviors, then I don't see a problem with keeping them. They look pretty nice and if I didn't have kids around I def. wouldn't mind owning one. I mean people keep deadly spiders and snakes. Just my opinion.

acanman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he aparently got tons of advertisement cause i just read a thread just like this on another forum..

cloakerpoked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think they should be legal to sell at all ebay or not.

kass

Guns are deadly, and you don't have to know how to use one responsibly to get your hands on one. The Constitution of our country protects our right to be as big of an idiot as we want to be, as long as we don't hurt others in the process :smile:

Seriously though, if you were committed to taking every precaution possible with this little guy, I don't have a problem with someone keeping them.

Nate82

Paitence Sucks...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously though, if you were committed to taking every precaution possible with this little guy, I don't have a problem with someone keeping them.
Neither do I but the seller has no way of knowing whether you were/are. They shouldn't be illegal to sell, just illegal to sell anonymously

Gimili the Great

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guns are deadly, and you don't have to know how to use one responsibly to get your hands on one. The Constitution of our country protects our right to be as big of an idiot as we want to be, as long as we don't hurt others in the process :smile:

the old saying is guns dont kill people stupid people kill people

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Natural selection...too many stupid people in the world anyway :byebye:

FINALLY.....someone posted my answer to it. If you are dumb enough to take care of one of these improperly there should be nothing wrong with you dying.

This is one of the FEW times I KNOW I wouldn't have to pay the medical care for Darwinism! The person would be dead too fast! Finally....

They should sell more of those things on ebay!!! :xd:

Gimili the Great

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
but it would be sad for all those little blue ring octos to have to give their useful lives to kill off people that will be replaced 10 to 1 with our ever failing public school systems

cloakerpoked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
but it would be sad for all those little blue ring octos to have to give their useful lives to kill off people that will be replaced 10 to 1 with our ever failing public school systems

That's true. Octopi in general should only be kept by experts due to their difficult nature. I would have to agree with the comment that someone else made that some things are just better left in the ocean.

Nate82

Paitence Sucks...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed It's not really fair to kill off a species just to improve another..

sdietz2469

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
some years ago, shortly after getting into the hobby, i was really into the cephlapods, and me and my roommate had several different species of octopi, and one of which was a blue ring. from my experience they are actually really doscile, and will let you know if they are ticked off by flashing their vibrant blue rings. they are actually a cream color with just a hint of blue rings until they become frustrated. I think they are cool animals, but all cephlapods should be left in the ocean. most of their life spans are only a year, except the larger species which range between 3 and 5 years. the biggest problem, is unless they are tank born you have very little idea what kind, and or how long they have been alive. their main goal is to eat and reproduce, and they should be left to do exactly that.

on another note a cephlapod was one of the most interactive animals i ever had as far as water animals, but i dont think i will own another one due to lifespan and care...

Last edited:

xrayrider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shane,

Your octopus is one of the coolest ocean animals I have seen. I thought about getting one for awhile after seeing yours. Very interesting, intelligent animal. I just didn't want to dedicate a whole tank to it.

acronautical

acronautical
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Originally Posted by cloakerpoked

Actually, California Welfare & Institutions Code 5150 authorizes certain authorities to "hold" persons who are deemed a threat to themselves, or others, for up to 72 hours. (-:

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 76.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 6.0%
Back