Blue Spot Jawfish Lesion

BlakeK.

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 19, 2018
Messages
74
Reaction score
20
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a Blue Spot Jawfish a few weeks ago. He’s been doing great, eating great, and seems very active, but I noticed a small lesion on his left side a couple days ago. I’m hoping it’s not the start of BSJ disease. It’s tough to see in the pictures, but I included them anyway in case it helps identify any underlying diseases. If it is BSJ disease, what’s the best action to take? Thanks in advance.

F8D98870-0777-47E0-8509-913F6C660CB2.jpeg 465D2550-8623-4BD8-8E2A-305C9BAF7F47.jpeg C4768A3B-59DC-4B79-8711-C109D093975B.jpeg
 
These guys are pretty delicate. What is the water temperature?
The trouble with treating them for anything is they really go downhill fast in a bare QT.
Jay
 
These guys are pretty delicate. What is the water temperature?
The trouble with treating them for anything is they really go downhill fast in a bare QT.
Jay
I have the temp at 74 degrees. If I set up a QT with a deep sand bed would that help? I have some extra rock I could use as well.
 
Yes, that QT set up would help if you needed to treat for a bacterial disease. 74 is a good temp.
The linear formation of the lesion is a bit worrisome. Take a look at my article here on red band disease.
Jay
 
Yes, that QT set up would help if you needed to treat for a bacterial disease. 74 is a good temp.
The linear formation of the lesion is a bit worrisome. Take a look at my article here on red band disease.
Jay
I don’t see an article, but I looked up some images for red band disease and it doesn’t like quite like the lesions on my BSJ. I’ll start setting up a QT tank tomorrow, but I might not put him in there unless it looks like it starts to worsen. I don’t want to out unnecessary stress on him.
 
I don’t see an article, but I looked up some images for red band disease and it doesn’t like quite like the lesions on my BSJ. I’ll start setting up a QT tank tomorrow, but I might not put him in there unless it looks like it starts to worsen. I don’t want to out unnecessary stress on him.
Ah, I think they have the article in a pDF link to the right side of the page (or at the bottom if you are on a phone).

Jay
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 23.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new