Blue spotted Toby puffed Help

luke00002

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I’m new to this forum and saltwater aquariums so I hope I’m posting this In the right place. Anyways I finished cycling my first saltwater aquarium last weekend and pick up a blue spotted Toby puffed from the lfs. I’ve had him for about four days and he seems super healthy and happy I don’t think he ever stops swimming around since he has a 75g to himself right now. The problem is every 3-5 minutes he goes to the top of the aquarium and almost looks like he’s taking multiple breaths. The aquarium was in a small room with a glass top so I assumed there was to much co2 and not enough oxygen in the tank I was also getting a very low ph at the time. Yesterday I bullt a screen top and installed a hob protein skimmer and ran a airline outside the window hoping it would help bring more oxygen in the tank but he’s still doing it. I might be crazy but it’s my first fish and I don’t want anything to happen to the little guy. Ammonia and nitrite are 0pmm and I have 2 750 gph circulation pumps, canister filter and hob aquamaxx 1.5 installed so there’s lot of flow in the tank. The salinity is 1.024 and the temperature stays 76-78 consistently. Not sure if I’m doing something wrong or if this is normal for some fish to do. Any feed back would be great thanks!

OP
OP
L

luke00002

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a video of him taking a couple breaths but sometimes he does like five in a row

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.mov
    11.6 MB

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back