0   0   0
image.jpeg

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy wow, that's crazy. Did it eat any of ur livestock?

OP
OP
AQUAMAN22

AQUAMAN22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy wow, that's crazy. Did it eat any of ur livestock?
Just a few snails that I know of. He kept trying to pile some of my loose corals in front of his burrow. But other than that I never even noticed it until a few weeks ago when I was looking In my tank one night. I thought it was a huge bristle worm at first then I did a little research & wow these things are a trip!!! Cool!! But not In my reef...

Thizz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the pile worms I use For striper fishing.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one that big trapped in a vase for 3 yrs multiple threads cover it lol it was horrible. I didn't want to take it all apart, so he remained. he coiled the vase 2x over and poked in and out of various rock surfaces

freshfruit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had a bobbit in my tank for 6 months that ate through colonies of zoas like nothing. I think I went through a depression during that time. Until I stuck a snowflake eel in the tank.....[emoji856][emoji41]

OP
OP
AQUAMAN22

AQUAMAN22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mmmm yes bobbit worm very dangerous, there is one other that is even more dangerous than this one the "Lorena Bobbit" worm, mmm yes indeed many deaths... many deaths.
lol yes hope to never experience one of those!!! As for this one i am glad to be rid of it.. have'nt been able to sleep for the last month since i noticed it

OP
OP
AQUAMAN22

AQUAMAN22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a bobbit in my tank for 6 months that ate through colonies of zoas like nothing. I think I went through a depression during that time. Until I stuck a snowflake eel in the tank.....[emoji856][emoji41][/QUOTE
Trust me i feel your pain.. I developed a twitch in my eyelid from lack of sleep trying to ID this thing. many nights standing in front of the tank trying to catch a glimpse of this monster. Now victory is mine and me and my reef can rest peacefully

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently this one did not make it. Too sad. But if anybody who read this thread knows where I can get one please let me know

Hydrahawk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is why I went with dried rocks for my current tank. Found one around 10-12" a summer or two ago in my 40B.

Sir Chris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Y drilled rock. So u can catch it easier? And I have 3 bristle worms that r 3 inches long and have a mandarin. I wake up everyday worried. And all 3 r in the same rock so waitn for bta 2 move and pull it and stick in oven or fresh dip it and they explode

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 52 42.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back