Boomberry acropora

Backreefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 29, 2018
Messages
1,326
Reaction score
1,158
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow members I thought to start a thread to post some pics about a Boomberry acropora I purchased from Boom corals at the beginning of this year . It was a good frag that was well healed .
So starting with a photo ( iPhone 6 ) from Jan 3rd just 24 hours after introduction into the aquarium.

090B8CFE-5AFA-41DA-BA09-12A6E3A67F09.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Second is a photo of Boomberry on feb 6th . At this time I was makeing changes to lighting. I added a t5 bulb ( blue+ ) , and bringing alkalinity down ( was high ) now I’m at 8.5-9 constant

8C186E53-4A65-47D7-8DC7-D14727694FF8.jpeg
 
And again is March 4th more changes to lighting. A second t5 bulb ( 10000k ) was added so now I have LEDs for atinic the blues peak at 430 nm and the t5s turn on second . Alkalinity says at a constant 8.5-9 . I’m checking less but at least once a week.
What the difference. I like the t5s but I still like the black box LEDs I think I’ll stay put on lights for awhile .

B6814059-9DEC-443C-BCEF-EE0B1D4D3856.jpeg
 
That's a nice coral! I too have one, and it's encrusting nicely! I really like the deep red this coral has to offer.
 
7D5BF07D-0804-4244-9924-2B8A2732DFE7.jpeg
It’s April so one more update with a new photo. This month no significant changes to lighting. But the Boomberry acropora got mounted to a 4/5” rock . Also it’s still growing and progressing well.
Those colors are sick and that’s some crazy growth. Keep the pics coming
 
F328A5A9-2713-4DCE-9055-23801D7D0B5E.jpeg
812A0F56-95A1-4A23-94C9-84BF71B3BA5C.jpeg
It’s may and a new month, so here is an update on the Boomberry acropora .
It’s still growing well and this month about 2 weeks ago I decided to change the T5 blue + for a 10000K bulb to make the aquarium more white light. The reason is a pink acropora started to develop green at its base , perhaps to much blue light.
Here is a pic in full 10 k whites and one with the LEDs atinic. I have noticed this month the new branches have begun to branch as well.
 
317EB805-3576-4B60-A63B-220ED3BA5B71.jpeg
Hello again, this month is a couple days late but , better than never. This month I have had the 2 t5s running (10000k) and I’m not so impressed with the colors of all the corals in general. This coming month I’m going to add a 3rd t5 and it’s going to be atinic.
Downstairs in my 20 gal I added a t5 atinic and the few softies in there are liking it . They are expanding much more with atinic light .
But here is a update picture for 6/5/19 .
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new