Bounce Fungia????????

j_wilson_reef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 26, 2021
Messages
49
Reaction score
58
Location
Raleigh
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First for me. I've had this green plate coral for probably 8 months now and the tentacles started to get fat... Anyone else seen something like this?
fugia.jpg
 
That coral is not necessarily a Fungia. There are other solitary fungiids that could look like this, such as Cycloseris, Lithophyllon, and Danafungia. Cycloseris sometimes has inflated tentacles like this, but it looks like this coral has septal teeth on the coarser side, so it's probably not Cycloseris.
 
I wonder what causes this. I’ve noticed since I came back to the hobby a couple years ago that there are also way more bounce mushrooms now. I wonder if it’s led lighting.
My lfs guy told me uv causes mushroom to bounce. So if you blast your shrooms with uv they will bounce in time. Not totally sure I believe this.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new