BTA emergency care

Steph72

Tang Mom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came home tonight to find my big, gorgeous healthy green bubble tip anemone stuck to the intake of my protein skimmer. I have every other intake covered in sponge but didn’t think this one would be a problem because it’s high up and the intake holes are small...wrong. I’m so mad at myself and distraught because I had to cut him out!!! tried to be careful and cut as though I was splitting him but it was very difficult to see his oral disc so I may have missed the center, leaving the oral disc still intact. The wound looks like it tried to close up initially but it’s very hard to tell for sure because of the tissue being aggravated. He lost a big chunk of his side but only a small piece of his foot. I pulled him out of the main tank and have him in a bucket of tank water with an air stone for water movement. I’m afraid of putting him back in the display tank in case he releases toxins. I’m also going to do a water change (again...I just did one yesterday before this happened). Has anyone else had this experience and had a nem heal from it? Any advice is appreciated. I can’t believe I let this happen

14B8F21F-F59B-4535-B3D3-B32C7ADF5FF4.jpeg DA8EC8BF-EAE9-4EFE-B44B-FC6DB275403D.jpeg

Nemguy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Yeah your bubble should heal up nice they tend to be more forgiving when sucked into equipment. Just make sure you keep the water clean and keep an eye for infection and he should be back to normal or almost in 3 weeks to a month if everything goes right :)

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesnt look that bad. Give it good, stable environment and time.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back