OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that wasn't a very long break. I am going to slowly work back in to taking pics again but not at the rate I was for a while.

I bought this mariculture from my LFS before the Indo ban. It's the hairiest coral I have seen and it's starting to show a little pink in it. I know I have sold a frag or two of this before, so if you have it please share a pic. I think I called it Fuzzy Wuzzy.
BQ Fuzzy Wuzzy Dec 28 -.jpg

WWC All Star. I cut my original frag into two pieces and this is the one in my radion tank. It's much easier to get a better pic since the tank is not very deep.
WWC All star Dec 28.jpg

TGC Acrolandia. This one is finally starting to grow for me.
TGC Acrolandia Dec 28 -.jpg

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that wasn't a very long break. I am going to slowly work back in to taking pics again but not at the rate I was for a while.

I bought this mariculture from my LFS before the Indo ban. It's the hairiest coral I have seen and it's starting to show a little pink in it. I know I have sold a frag or two of this before, so if you have it please share a pic. I think I called it Fuzzy Wuzzy.

WWC All Star. I cut my original frag into two pieces and this is the one in my radion tank. It's much easier to get a better pic since the tank is not very deep.
WWC All star Dec 28.jpg

First off... Bwahahaha... You couldn't stay away for 3 more days until 2019? [emoji12]

Secondly, wow man! That All-star contrast with the polyps and bodh color is amazing.

mannyhernz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

WWC All star Dec 28.jpg

Amazing pictures as always! Those mari- surprises are always lovely! Keep posting!

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off... Bwahahaha... You couldn't stay away for 3 more days until 2019? [emoji12]

Secondly, wow man! That All-star contrast with the polyps and bodh color is amazing.
I am addicted, Ty! Plus I seen someone say in a photography thread say something about getting much sharper images with using an aperture number somewhere in the middle of the lens capabilities so I wanted to try it out. It looks the same to me.

You are right about the All star. It is without a doubt one of my favorites.

Amazing pictures as always! Those mari- surprises are always lovely! Keep posting!
Thanks!

This was my one and only mariculture colony I ever bought. At first I thought it was going to be a turd but I think over the next couple months it's going to look really great!

Reefer40b

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG 800$ for that All STar! :eek: Thats nuts not to mention all the look alikes... I have one that is really deep in my tank(cant get a decent pic) that I swear is that coral...

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mines red
EA7E223F-53EA-433B-B8AE-CDB6DF0A6D28.jpeg

Not the best pic but it’s in between the pearly cadaver and BC secale

Purplish red
Mine use to be a more brownish color but once it gets to a certain size the color seems to come out.

Here is was in October and you can see it was more brown.
Rainbow delight oct 11.jpg

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG 800$ for that All STar! :eek: Thats nuts not to mention all the look alikes... I have one that is really deep in my tank(cant get a decent pic) that I swear is that coral...
There are a couple of them that look like it. I took this pic yesterday of the BC Space laser and the All star side by side to compare them. They grow right next to each other so they get the same light. The Merlins Staff is darker like the Space laser. I don't know what Adam charges for the Space laser as mine came in a pack but if you are looking for something similar his might be the best deal. I personally like the brightness of the All star.

Space laser on the left and All star on the right.
side by side all star and space laser.jpg

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea TONS of variants of that coral out there, no reason to ever price it that high imo. The only reason coral collectors should price corals in the hundreds of dollar range is if the color is completely unique or the species is never collected. Things are changing so fast in this hobby these days.

Reefer40b

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a couple of them that look like it. I took this pic yesterday of the BC Space laser and the All star side by side to compare them. They grow right next to each other so they get the same light. The Merlins Staff is darker like the Space laser. I don't know what Adam charges for the Space laser as mine came in a pack but if you are looking for something similar his might be the best deal. I personally like the brightness of the All star.

Well even if they are right next to each other, they can be the same coral and exhibit subtle color changes like what I'm seeing here, to me they look to be identical... For example I have 4 frags of sunset monti all right next to each other receiving the same light/flow yet 2 are orange with yellow polyps, 1 is orange with green polyps and the last one is a brown out why IDK.. not trying to argue or anything either if this comes across this way just stating my opinion from my experience.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well even if they are right next to each other, they can be the same coral and exhibit subtle color changes like what I'm seeing here, to me they look to be identical... For example I have 4 frags of sunset monti all right next to each other receiving the same light/flow yet 2 are orange with yellow polyps, 1 is orange with green polyps and the last one is a brown out why IDK.. not trying to argue or anything either if this comes across this way just stating my opinion from my experience.
I agree that can happen. It's the slight color differences in corals is what makes them different though. People use to call the CB Maleficent a Red planet just because it was slightly more red but being more red is what made it special. Same with the RR Pink Floyd. There are many yellow corals with red polyps but that doesn't make them all Pink floyds. I have another All star in my display and it still has that same color as the one growing in my frag tank.

To me Linage means everything. Even if they do happen to be the same exact coral, one will always be the Space laser and one will always be the All star.

Here is the one in my display with the same color and this one is about 20" down in my 24" inch deep tank so it doesn't get nearly as much light as the other two.
All star Dec 12.jpg

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Niceeee

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 37 29.1%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 30 23.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 33 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%

Back