Bubba's SPS Journey

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some old school corals that most people have had at one time or another.

PC rainbow. It's one that every reefer should have.
PC rainbow April 1.jpg

Paletta tricolor. Nice deep blue with bright green tips.
Paletta tri color April 1.jpg
Beautiful pics Bubba!

DesertReefBoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man your tank is beautiful! Can’t wakt to see more pics!! Do you have any full tank shots of your system?

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man your tank is beautiful! Can’t wakt to see more pics!! Do you have any full tank shots of your system?
Thank you.

The latest FTS is on page 1, post 1. Anytime I take a FTS I update that post with it. I need to update my frag tank pics as it’s pretty grown out now.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@bubbaque Do you have a colony pic of the your lady in pink? I’d love to see what mine, hopefully, will grown into. Mine seems to be a really fast grower. She was a 1” frag when I picked her up on Dec 27th.
2079C906-64DB-4139-A09F-7D56AC9F53EC.jpeg
Not a colony pic but this is it. This is the RRA version and not RRU.
82B0F016-9F19-4C33-B1EC-AA35A29B4228.jpeg

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what size tile is that on? I thought you were using the 4" travertine tiles at this point, but if that's 4" then that acro is much bigger than it appears, lol
Its a mixture of 4" and 3" tiles. When my tanks started to fill up I switched to the 6x3" tiles and broke them in half.

That’s awesome. I think mine is the RRU version but I’m not exactly sure. Thanks for the awesome thread. Love your stuff. Very inspiring
Thank you!

Last edited:
OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I shared this Paletta pink tip not long ago but I wanted to share how light makes a difference on the pink tips. For most of it's life its been shaded by the PC Superman above it but as it's grown out part of it is starting to get out of the shade. I cut my PC Superman so it receives light now and you can see the lower left side that was shaded still green even though its the same branch. The parts that receive light are pink and the part that doesn't are green. So anyone with the Paletta pink tip with green tips maybe give it more light.
Pink tip.jpg

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I shared this Paletta pink tip not long ago but I wanted to share how light makes a difference on the pink tips. For most of it's life its been shaded by the PC Superman above it but as it's grown out part of it is starting to get out of the shade. I cut my PC Superman so it receives light now and you can see the lower left side that was shaded still green even though its the same branch. The parts that receive light are pink and the part that doesn't are green. So anyone with the Paletta pink tip with green tips maybe give it more light.
Pink tip.jpg

Brutalize it with enough light and the entire branches are pink with a green base

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pink tip.jpg

I gotta move one of my frags. Both are low and both only show a little pink.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back