OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the photos! That watermark really is hard to see. Are you sure it isn't hidden too well?!
Thanks for the compliment.

I wanted the watermark to be kinda hard to see, kinda like Battlecorals. It's not distracting but if I see anyone using my pic I can prove it was mine. It's not even that I have an issue with people using my pics but if they do I want the credit for it.

McPikie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sand sifting gobies? That’s one purchase I regret until this day. I hate coming come to acros covered in sand. I had to buy an 18” baster to keep things clean, and my hands out of the tank. Hate those a holes.

Ahhhh. I guess if you keep acros lower down then they may get a little sand lobbed on them.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you end up getting a new camera, or still shooting with the Nikon?
Still using the Nikon for now. The Canon 90D is suppose to be released next week and then I’m going to switch over to that one.

95% of my pics are under what light and I’d like to share accurate blue light pics to go with the white light ones. Each day I want to post two pics to show what the corals look like under both light settings. Canon allows you to white balance under blues with no filter while Nikon does not.

29bonsaireef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm interested to see how your pics turn out under blues.

I use the 5d mark iv, but have never really adjusted settings to shoot under actinics.

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that you've had the new tank running for a little bit and still getting some great colours! What are your feelings on it? What are you really enjoying over the old tank? Any things you'd change? How are the lights going and so on and so forth?? haha

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that you've had the new tank running for a little bit and still getting some great colours! What are your feelings on it? What are you really enjoying over the old tank? Any things you'd change? How are the lights going and so on and so forth?? haha
To be honest colors are just now coming around. Colors were good first month but month two when the tank was cloudy 90% of stuff lost color. About two weeks ago is when I started noticing the coloring back.

What I enjoy most over the old tank is the size, haha. Having 3’ front to back is simply amazing. Pair that with 8’ in length and it starts to feel like a little slice of a real reef.

It I could change anything it is make the tank 3-4” taller. I didn’t take inconsideration that the glass is thicker and is eurobraced when I went with my previous tank size of 24” high. I thought it was perfect but with the new tank I end up with 2” less water.

The lights I feel are perfect. Well I may end up adding a couple more radion xr15’s but I will give it more time to see what color I get. Nothing makes corals pop more than led in my opinion and I don’t think I’ll ever use anything ever again. When I see tanks where they run halides (sorry Dom) or all t5 I feel they are missing out and if they gave LEDs a try they wouldn’t go back.

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest colors are just now coming around. Colors were good first month but month two when the tank was cloudy 90% of stuff lost color. About two weeks ago is when I started noticing the coloring back.
I reckon you've done pretty well for a brand new sterile tank with your colours! I'm glad to hear they're starting to come back to your liking! haha

What I enjoy most over the old tank is the size, haha. Having 3’ front to back is simply amazing. Pair that with 8’ in length and it starts to feel like a little slice of a real reef.

It I could change anything it is make the tank 3-4” taller. I didn’t take inconsideration that the glass is thicker and is eurobraced when I went with my previous tank size of 24” high. I thought it was perfect but with the new tank I end up with 2” less water.
3x8' is definitely a slice of reef! I'm definitely going 2.5-3' front to back for the next tank I get! I love the deeper tanks! Interesting about the height and the lowered water height. Hopefully it doesn't effect things too much!

The lights I feel are perfect. Well I may end up adding a couple more radion xr15’s but I will give it more time to see what color I get. Nothing makes corals pop more than led in my opinion and I don’t think I’ll ever use anything ever again. When I see tanks where they run halides (sorry Dom) or all t5 I feel they are missing out and if they gave LEDs a try they wouldn’t go back.
I'm really glad to hear that and no need to apologise to me haha I'm still planning on going all Radions on my tank! It's really good to hear how much you're enjoying them though :D

sticksreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@bubbaque on your new tank are you running full radions with no T5? Will you be renting a par meter to check the par levels? I have an hybrid but considering eliminating the T5. Why? Because the bulbs are not easy to get where i am. Whats your thoughts?

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@bubbaque on your new tank are you running full radions with no T5? Will you be renting a par meter to check the par levels? I have an hybrid but considering eliminating the T5. Why? Because the bulbs are not easy to get where i am. Whats your thoughts?
I use radion with t5’s. I use the t5’s to help with shadowing in the front and back of the tank. I could of added more radions instead but the cost difference is why I went with t5. If cost doesn’t matter to you then add more leds if you have a shadowing concern.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back