Bubba's SPS Journey

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My sleeper gobies are useless. They just lay on the hardwood floor behind my tank, out of reach, doing absolutely nothing.
I had a leopard shark like that when I first got into the hobby +20 years ago……needless to say….I’ve learned a lot since then

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a leopard shark like that when I first got into the hobby +20 years ago……needless to say….I’ve learned a lot since then
My $400 custom acrylic lid might come in handy some day.

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My $400 custom acrylic lid might come in handy some day.
I actually had 3 lbs weights on the corners of the very heavy glass lid. Wasn’t an issue when the shark was 8” long in a 220g tank……but it grew to 30” in less than 6 months.
Like I said…..I’ve learned a lot since then

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read about your injury and it sounds terrible!

Tank is doing well right now but since I started working I didn't pay attention to it the same as when I was staying at home. I would go days without feeding and coral would get pale, then I would over feed trying to correct it. Nutrients fluctuated always and was constantly high for a while but finally got it under control. I couldn't grow chato to save my life but I switched to Pom Pom algae and it seems to suck up nutrients just like chaeto and has stayed nice and clean. I am happy with how the tank is doing.

Yeah injury sucks but such is life. Others have much worse.

Yeah when you're active on the forums You tend to make the reef your life. If you really want to be on top of the tank, stay active in the forums. Seems to work well for most.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Yellow head goby loved to cover corals in sand. Do you have any similar issues?
They sprinkle some sand on my corals that are on the bottom but they don’t cover them.

To me blowing off the coral every few days is worth having the nice clean sand.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I could only get it to grow some branches. Had it 6 or so months and only encrusted.

Bubblebath Unicorn

51836834103_758ea45091_k.jpg

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed something interesting with my torches. My TSA Holy Grail is having the TSA Jester Insanity growing out of the side. I did not glue or ever cut them or manipulate it in any way. The only thing is the Jester Insanity is growing really close to it.

Anyone ever see such a thing?

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed something interesting with my torches. My TSA Holy Grail is having the TSA Jester Insanity growing out of the side. I did not glue or ever cut them or manipulate it in any way. The only thing is the Jester Insanity is growing really close to it.

Wow, that Holy Grail blows the Jester out of the water, no pun intended! How does the TSA HG compare to the TSA Pot Of Gold?
Also, back to the colony discussion above, do you have a colony pic of TSA's RRU Angry Bird colony? Or is it one of the colonies which scrolls through on the new TSA homepage?

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Grafted torch????

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that Holy Grail blows the Jester out of the water, no pun intended! How does the TSA HG compare to the TSA Pot Of Gold?
Also, back to the colony discussion above, do you have a colony pic of TSA's RRU Angry Bird colony? Or is it one of the colonies which scrolls through on the new TSA homepage?
THE TSA HG is more of a yellow color and the Pot of Gold is more gold. Other than that they are pretty similar. I took a video of it yesterday also. I will post it later today.
You using your DSLR for videos?
Yes. I like not having to use a phone filter as that changes the colors of the coral.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I could only get it to grow some branches. Had it 6 or so months and only encrusted.

Bubblebath Unicorn

51836834103_758ea45091_k.jpg

What par is this one at? Mine does look nearly this good.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.4%
Back