Bubba's SPS Journey

Birddog

Hooked on Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use tilapia, shrimp and scallops and sometimes I add clams.
I go to the grocery store to the seafood counter and ask for the stuff I want. I go home and put it in a blender and blend it until it's the texture I want. Put it in a ziplock until frozen and then I chop it up to cubes. It turns out to be about a 1/4 of the cost if I bought it already made.

Thank you sir!

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can also add spirulina, seaweeds, phyto, selcon, selco boost, black worms, All kinds of goodies.

Salmon also does contain a ton of fats. May or may not be healthy for our fish I have no idea on that.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two JF Fox flames, one in my display and one in a frag tank. The one in my display has done nothing but encrust a 5" area. The one in my frag tank is starting to look pretty good, I just need it to grow.

Frag tank JF Fox flame
Fox flame oct 11.jpg

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can we play a guessing game, lol? I bought the coral below as a certain coral but it has never looked like it for me. I always thought I was just horrible at coloring it up. After I received a different coral recently I am almost certain they are the same thing.

Can anyone guess what this is?
pink floyd-.jpg
Green Slimer?

x2uranium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you sir. Not bad for po4 on my frag tank of 1.16 rofl! You would probably cry if you saw that number on your tank lol.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you sir. Not bad for po4 on my frag tank of 1.16 rofl! You would probably cry if you saw that number on your tank lol.
Cry? I might die of a heart attack.

lolgranny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That high? That seems crazy lol. Mines raised up to .35 and I agree with bubba, my system doesn’t agree with it. Coral have been losing some of their color and with my angels picking at them they seem even more upset.

x2uranium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not going to bring this to off topic levels but yet its that high.. now granted today i have bought some gfo for both tanks but as I confirmed the make up water running out of my 54" x 10" DI canister registers 0.00 on Hannah

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not going to bring this to off topic levels but yet its that high.. now granted today i have bought some gfo for both tanks but as I confirmed the make up water running out of my 54" x 10" DI canister registers 0.00 on Hannah

Just fyi you can't accurately test phosphate in rodi water with a hanna. Not sure about ATI ICP.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pics, I'm in Orlando so not far from you. Hoping I can start on some SPS like your doing. Thanks for sharing :cool:
Don't let the sps bug bite you or you are going to become addicted, lol. If you ever want to start that addiction, let me know and I am sure I can get you started with something.

Biggles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two JF Fox flames, one in my display and one in a frag tank. The one in my display has done nothing but encrust a 5" area. The one in my frag tank is starting to look pretty good, I just need it to grow.

Frag tank JF Fox flame
Fox flame oct 11.jpg

You have crazy good skills with acro colors Bubba, i always keep an eye on your journal............. secret admirer mate. )

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back