Bubba's SPS Journey

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didnt even notice the new tank! About a month ago I was telling my wife we could fit a 8x2.5x2 where the 150g is now and she just started shaking her head. So then I proposed how I could cram the 150g into the wall of my office instead of the 120g I was planning (would only have to steal a little bit of room from the bathroom...). Love the dimensions of your tank, the 3' width gives so much room for contrast and depth.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bubba, can you post a picture of your Matt V rainbow envy?
I have actually tried to take a pic a few times. I have a few corals that are mounted at a bad angle to take pics as I have to look directly down at them and because they are still frag size it make the coral look 1/4” tall and all you see is the very top of it. I think it needs to put a few branches out to actually see it. :confused:

I didnt even notice the new tank! About a month ago I was telling my wife we could fit a 8x2.5x2 where the 150g is now and she just started shaking her head. So then I proposed how I could cram the 150g into the wall of my office instead of the 120g I was planning (would only have to steal a little bit of room from the bathroom...). Love the dimensions of your tank, the 3' width gives so much room for contrast and depth.
I do love the 3’ front to back. It gives the tank more of a natural look. The issue though is if you take pics. It’s hard to reach far back and still look into the camera to see what your taking a pic of.

What I have noticed though is no matter the size tank after a few months the tank no longer seems quit as big and you’ll wish you went larger, haha. I should of went 500 gallons, lol.

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have actually tried to take a pic a few times. I have a few corals that are mounted at a bad angle to take pics as I have to look directly down at them and because they are still frag size it make the coral look 1/4” tall and all you see is the very top of it. I think it needs to put a few branches out to actually see it. :confused:

I do love the 3’ front to back. It gives the tank more of a natural look. The issue though is if you take pics. It’s hard to reach far back and still look into the camera to see what your taking a pic of.

What I have noticed though is no matter the size tank after a few months the tank no longer seems quit as big and you’ll wish you went larger, haha. I should of went 500 gallons, lol.

Yea, when I got the 150g I was thinking wow, this is going to be huge but when it arrived it didnt remotely seem like it was twice the size of our 75g LOL. Looking good brother!

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I haven’t been following but am so glad to have you jump on the bandwagon of high nutrient tanks :D

With your ability combined with the high nutrient and heavy feeding , the tank will do wonders !!!

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They reduce par by 20% as well
I didn’t know it was that high of a reduction!

Yep its absurd, makes the lights look so good though. They really need to come with the lights imo.
I don’t think I’ve ever seen it in person But would like to. Maybe next gen will have it.

Pdash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t know it was that high of a reduction!

I don’t think I’ve ever seen it in person But would like to. Maybe next gen will have it.
I don't enjoy looking at my tank without the diffusers on, I'd have sold the lights and switched to something else if I couldn't use them (just for viewing experience alone, not including more even par etc). I know they grow and color corals either way.

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been awhile since i posted in your thread, your pics are on point like always :)

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been awhile since i posted in your thread, your pics are on point like always :)
We were talking about you a few weeks ago. You seemed to disappear. Glad to see you back.

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've talked to a few people about it, just was never too public. I had a series of fish issues that made me take a step back from the hobby. My coral are with a good friend and besides losing one small asd rainbow mili colony, they're all doing great.

I plan on continuing the hobby, just with a few changes. I'll keep y'all updated.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back