OP
OP
aurora.k

aurora.k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Um, update finally! First the bad news - I lost some coral to a salinity incident. As far as I can tell, I can only learn from my own mistakes and there's always one more lesson to learn in this hobby.... ;Facepalm

On the hardware front, not much new besides the Trident (woot!!). I managed to snag a Trident (thank you Rob @ NeptuneAquatics!) which is pretty much my new favorite thing besides my gold torch (I know, me and everyone else... but it's already splitting to two heads!). But I still have everything going in the garage and I love how automated everything is! I think I would be getting over this hobby if I were still lugging 5 gallons buckets of saltwater all over the place (not to rub it in....)

Lots of growth on the corals that made it, though, leathers, a few SPS, and the bubble coral especially. I can hardly believe that little nub my bubble gum digitata started out as at the top right.... (I just ticked off that one big leather on the left and it's still recovering). I also cut back a bunch of the death plays and some other warring corals (and traded at my LFS) and moved the sinularia (middle to far left) because it was killing some montis but now it's bothering the gorgonian... rude....

IMG_2771.jpg

IMG_2775.jpg

IMG_2776.jpg

IMG_2772.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
aurora.k

aurora.k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more to show how happy by gonipora are. I had to move the green alveopora and a bluish one because the gonis were stinging them... trying to figure out what to do with them - you can see where they've been stung.

IMG_2778.jpg

IMG_2779.jpg

ScubaEthan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Super nice! #goals for my Reefer 250, which is currently cycling.
Oh my gosh your fish names are hilarious! And Gringott's! haha.
I'd love to see a FTS a year later!

ScubaEthan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In your last FTS, all the way on the right side, there is something kind of greenish with fan blades growing out from the middle of the rock. What is that? I can't tell if it's a coral or macro algae. Looks unusual, to me at least.

OP
OP
aurora.k

aurora.k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aw thanks @ScubaEthan ! Unfortunately I moved from the Bay Area to Paso Robles and it was like a tsunami destroyed my tank in the move. So sad... I am starting a new build next week if things go well with shipping! I think that’s the mint pavona, which is easy to care for. If you’re in CA within a reasonable distance, we could give you some.

ScubaEthan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no! I'm sorry the move didn't go well. That's very generous of you, but not sure when I'd be down there. Thanks for the identification - its a super neat looking coral! Hope you don't get delayed with shipping delays. I look forward to following your new build!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 71 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.1%
Back