Bulk coral frag mounts

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mike N
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mike N

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 21, 2017
Messages
1,777
Reaction score
1,566
Location
Houston, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received my 1 gallon tub of coral frag mounts. When I opened the container, I was almost knocked on my back by the horrid smell. Dirty rock was not expected.
Should I cure this like typical dry rock or what would you recommend?
 
The mounts are made up of our pukani and fiji rock, perhaps some of it was damper than usual - I apologize! If you're adding them in small amounts, this likely won't impact the tank, but if adding more than a couple small pieces to a tank at any time, it's best to make sure it's clean and cured.
 
The mounts are made up of our pukani and fiji rock, perhaps some of it was damper than usual - I apologize! If you're adding them in small amounts, this likely won't impact the tank, but if adding more than a couple small pieces to a tank at any time, it's best to make sure it's clean and cured.
Ok, thanks.
 
Just received my 1 gallon tub of coral frag mounts. When I opened the container, I was almost knocked on my back by the horrid smell. Dirty rock was not expected.
Should I cure this like typical dry rock or what would you recommend?
Hey! I pour them into a bucket. And swap out some saltwater every so often
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new