BulkReefSupply Lost Package

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one of two delivered from BRS today. I was confused how they could deliver 1/2 of my two item order and mark it delivered.
Towards the end of the day the guys who were remodeled the bathroom brought me a package and said; “Sorry, he thought it was something for the shower and we don’t know what it is but here you go.”

I’ve seen the “delivered packages” show up one, two, or three days later. Sometimes the labels are screwed up or the package never made it from the dock and into the truck on delivery day. Hope they bring it to you tomorrow, for reef’s sake!

TheDragonsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check with your neighbors first, contact your local ups center and see if they can help, and let brs know right away that youre trying to find it but you didnt recieve it.

Wolf89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious why you're so urgently in need of a skimmer? Many many tanks run successfully without one long term. What has happened where it's going to be detrimental to not have one for another few days

OP
OP
A;exr54

A;exr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn’t know these boards were so liberal (not in a political way). Ok so don’t be upset with the driver for making mistakes. It’s not great working conditions so it’s ok to make mistakes.
I must be too old school. But sounds like excuses to me.

Last time I checked people aren’t forced to work certain jobs. You choose your job. You get paid for it. Take pride in it and do it well then maybe it wouldn’t be so miserable.

And there are much worse jobs then working for UPS.

Yes mistakes happen. But the 10-14 business days I was told to “figure it out” by UPS is plain dumb. Make a mistake and fix it. It’s a messed up system.

Yes I need the skimmer. I’m happy for people who don’t need one. My tank does. It’s a well established tank that’s run for many years with a skimmer. Now without one for over a week and I am seeing things I don’t like. That’s why I ordered a new one and paid for faster shipping on it.
It’s not BRS’s fault. But I’ll call them tomorrow and see what they say.
If it’s just another few days that’s fine. To me it sounds a lot longer then that.

Last edited:

Durhamreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Deeeeeeeeeeep breath....

Your frustration isn't lost on us all, trust me. We're just offering you sensible advice as most of us have plenty of firsthand experience with BRS, UPS AND Shipping issues. Do what the delivery guy and the BRS team are doing, get some sleep.

OP
OP
A;exr54

A;exr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Deeeeeeeeeeep breath....

Your frustration isn't lost on us all, trust me. We're just offering you sensible advice as most of us have plenty of firsthand experience with BRS, UPS AND Shipping issues. Do what the delivery guy and the BRS team are doing, get some sleep.
I see how context may make it seem like I’m exasperated.
I’m not exasperated. Yes I’m frustrated. And annoyed. And not going to change my mind about their dumb system.

But needed to respond to replies saying the driver has good reasons for making these mistakes.
There is never a good reason for careless mistakes.

Antics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thinking back I placed an order with BRS about three months ago that got split into three boxes. One was for a few assorted items and the other two boxes were like 40lbs each of dry rock. I met the UPS driver in the rain and got two of the boxes and he was preparing to leave. I asked him for the third box and he said that there were only two. Keep in mind that the boxes and shipping labels said “box 1 of 3” and “box 2 of 3”.

This is for a massive box weighing nearly 50 pounds and he was absolutely positive it wasn’t on the truck…

The same driver delivered it the next day. Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction and it’s hard to imagine how these type of issues can even happen but it’s best to not stress and try not to attribute malice to what could very likely be from a multitude of other causes.

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So this is 100% UPS’s fault not BRS. I’d check with your neighbors/post something on a local Facebook group asking if anyone got it and call UPS customer service. Because from a BRS/company perspective this is beyond their control and it got delivered.

OP
OP
A;exr54

A;exr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking back I placed an order with BRS about three months ago that got split into three boxes. One was for a few assorted items and the other two boxes were like 40lbs each of dry rock. I met the UPS driver in the rain and got two of the boxes and he was preparing to leave. I asked him for the third box and he said that there were only two. Keep in mind that the boxes and shipping labels said “box 1 of 3” and “box 2 of 3”.

This is for a massive box weighing nearly 50 pounds and he was absolutely positive it wasn’t on the truck…

The same driver delivered it the next day. Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction and it’s hard to imagine how these type of issues can even happen but it’s best to not stress and try not to attribute malice to what could very likely be from a multitude of other causes.
I had 2 different orders. Different vendors.
Both UPS delivery, both out for delivery the same day.
One for kids school materials and kids clothing, a lot of it.
And the other for the skimmer.
Both show delivered around 2pm and says left at the front door.
I have cameras. And I was home. Not left at my front door.
It’s not a logistical error. It’s the driver leaving my packages at the wrong house. Quite simple really.
Also would be simple when I called them shortly after 2pm saying such - he delivered it to the wrong house - to track it and fix it.
Instead directing me to open a claim and telling me it can take 10-14 business days to figure it out.

OP
OP
A;exr54

A;exr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is 100% UPS fault not BRS. I’d check with your neighbors/post something on a local Facebook group asking if anyone got it and call UPS customer service. Because from a BRS/company perspective this is beyond their control and it got delivered.
I posted on the local Facebook page. And I checked with immediate neighbors.
It being delivered means nothing if the person who payed for it didn’t receive it.

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I posted on the local Facebook page. And I checked with immediate neighbors.
It being delivered means nothing if the person who payed for it didn’t receive it.
Just call UPS tomorrow and/or wait because like others said it may be a mistake. While this is true a lot of times once an item ships companies have polices stated that it is often beyond their control especially smaller ones. Most of the time a company will do the right thing but not always. That being said BRS most likely will and their policy is generous…I personally have had a really positive experience with them.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it makes you feel any better, a manager at FedEx (reluctantly) told me last year that tracking points do not actually indicate the arrival of an item at a known transfer point; They merely mark a waypoint where the item is expected to be during any given shipment. "Overnight" shipping has taken three days to reach me since the start of the pandemic, even though courier tracking insists that it's always "out for delivery" on day two. In Canada, at least, most of the tracking systems appear to be more decorative than useful.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could still be in UPS hands and system tracking is screwed up, has happened to me and I have my UPS stopped at the nearest UPS hub for pickup. I never had them deliver to wrong address when I had them delivering.

Tiki_Reef

My daily driver is a nano.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it makes you feel any better, a manager at FedEx (reluctantly) told me last year that tracking points do not actually indicate the arrival of an item at a known transfer point; They merely mark a waypoint where the item is expected to be during any given shipment. "Overnight" shipping has taken three days to reach me since the start of the pandemic, even though courier tracking insists that it's always "out for delivery" on day two. In Canada, at least, most of the tracking systems appear to be more decorative than useful.
This is 100% correct a lot of the scans are computer generated and not always accurate, in fact UPS and FedEx use manifests for every truck and plane those manifest might have 1000 plus packages on it, some of those packages might not be on that plane etc and might actually still be at the last location scanned not making on that particular flight usually when this happens it will show up in a day or 2 IME.

Billys_reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup same thing happened to me too. Fedex showed that it was delivered to my front door but I did not receive it. Turns out they delivered it the next day. Maybe wait till tomorrow and see if the package arrives or not

Danroo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always had bad experiences with UPS and fed ex never had a problem with USPS. You would think private organizations would be more efficient.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP seems super entitled and a know-it-all since he has an answer to every possible solution or outcome or any reason why it may have happened. he should have his stuff now and nothing should stop that.

get over yourself, contact BRS when they open today, and contact UPS and tell them you have video of them not showing up. watch their tune change the second you say yo have video.
youll get your package, just chill out.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well you can say people choose their jobs but the day everyone stops choosing to deliver packages due to the crap company running it, you will be driving to BRS to get your skimmer :p

I think it’s ridiculous if you call and they can’t contact the driver and that’s probably the crap company’s fault and their set up and not the drivers personally.

At least it isn’t fish.

Last edited:

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tend to agree with you. I work in logistics and customer service and do not understand why UPS cannot contact the driver!
I've had UPS contact the driver on a couple of occasions. I'm in South Florida. Don't know why that would be different elsewhere.

Back