BulkReefSupply Lost Package

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious if someone has dealt with this before and how it went?
Ordered a protein skimmer because mine broke and i need one asap.

Was expecting delivery today. UPS tracking showed it as delivered and dropped at front door. Well not my front door.
And i know it was the UPS delivery persons mistake because i also had another package supposed to arrive today from a different vendor.
Both show delivered at front door at the same time. The delivery person obviously was careless and dropped them at someone else's house.

I opened a claim with UPS. BRS is closed so I cant talk to anyone there.
UPS is really useless - how hard can it be to contact the driver, or check where he really dropped them off?
But nope - as per UPS it can take 14 business days for the claim to go through.

I really cant go without a skimmer for that long. My faith in humanity is very low. The possibility of whoever got the packages doing the right thing and dropping them off to the correct address is something I highly doubt will happen. Its been about 6 hours and they haven't yet. People continue to disappoint me.
The totally careless UPS delivery person and the "neighbor" who got the packages.
Will BRS send me another? Or am I completely screwed?
All delivery trucks have GPS devices on them to track activity. I have noticed that some are taking pictures of the delivery point. Have faith that it will turn up and one of the companies will take care of you.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Actually my tank is quite healthy.
Without the skimmer my DSB (which i have for a BSJ) is started to form diatoms. Some of my LSP are opening up a bit less. Each tank is different. Mine runs best with a skimmer. I dont think i need to figure out anything i just need to put in a skimmer. Its been fine for years like that.

If your tank can't go a couple weeks without a skimmer, it isn't healthy or your other filtration is inadequate.

I agree a skimmer is very beneficial long term on our tanks. I use a filter roller and undersized my skimmer on my system. That is it for mechanical filtration. My corals soak up any excess nutrients as fast as they are added to the system.

If I pulled my skimmer for a week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, instert time here...my tank would still tick on just fine. I know because I just did it when swapping tanks. My old 120 was skimmerless for over a month as I transferred fish and coral to my new 250. Nothing even noticed or skipped a beat on the 120.

OP
OP
A;exr54

A;exr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The difference is I actually understand logistics. The system that allows the Veruca Salts of the world to “have to their package now!” doesn’t accommodate drivers spending hours back-tracking for errors; it would wreck their whole route.

How is messing up the rest of their route to placate one person “doing their job well”? Yeah…
No one asked for the driver to stop everything and back track. In logistics that you know so well, is it hard to say well we know he dropped it at the wrong address because we have GPS and see where he marked it as dropped, so we will get that corrected in a day or 2?
Instead of "your claim is open and wait 10 to 14 days for us to figure it out"?
Customers are not "entitled people". That's a bad mindset to have for any professional. And unfortunately there are too many people like that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A;exr54

A;exr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your tank can't go a couple weeks without a skimmer, it isn't healthy or your other filtration is inadequate.

I agree a skimmer is very beneficial long term on our tanks. I use a filter roller and undersized my skimmer on my system. That is it for mechanical filtration. My corals soak up any excess nutrients as fast as they are added to the system.

If I pulled my skimmer for a week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, instert time here...my tank would still tick on just fine. I know because I just did it when swapping tanks. My old 120 was skimmerless for over a month as I transferred fish and coral to my new 250. Nothing even noticed or skipped a beat on the 120.
I appreciate the advice. Really do. And im happy your tank is that way.
I have been reef keeping for over 30 years. I think i have a good grasp on what i'm doing. Not saying i know it all or i am perfect. But i have a good grasp. My tank is not unhealthy. Its just how my tank is. Everyone's tank is a bit different.
My conditions have been very very stable for years. All parameters.
Then a skimmer goes away for over a week. Conditions change in a stable environment. You will notice things.

takitaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, some of the responses. SMH

I had a similar issue a couple weeks ago. My package was delivered but not to my house. I called the number on their website and attempted to answer all the prompt questions. I was getting over covid and my voice wasn't working well and it kept telling me it couldn't understand my response. Eventually it connected me to a human! So there are actually people working there. lol I gave the guy my info and told him my situation and he was able to tell me where it was delivered to. I use our business address in the winter because they don't like coming up my 1/4mi gravel driveway covered in ice. Fortunately it turned out I accidentally used the business address in ordering so I ran over and grabbed it. The message here is they CAN look up where the package was delivered and you CAN actually talk to a human at UPS. :)

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread has gotten way off topic.
Not looking for tank advice. BRS replied. It was confirmed delivered to the wrong address by UPS.
Case closed.
Good! Hopefully UPS goes back to get it.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using a hub for pickup, nothing gets delivered to wrong address. Fish/coral are kept inside building, not traveling around in a truck during heat and cold. In a AC room during heat. Works out very well.

Abarge16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had a fedex driver show up at the same time as usps. Usps delivered my lights fedex picked up my lights slapped a label on it and sent it to the east coast. They were supposed to pick up a 4ft 80lb package and send that but they decided the tiny 1ft by 6inch package was the correct one and then they all but refused to work with me because they "did" their job.

TastesLikeChicken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. I’m surprised this thread has received so much attention.
2. This was not BRS fault.
3. I think most delivery people do a very good job. I’ve never done their job but I think it can be really challenging and taxing. There will always be the honest mistakes and there will always be the people who don’t do a good job, just as in any field.
4. To the OP, I understand your frustration and your concern. But I also think you have prematurely overreacted a bit. Now that you have received your skimmer, I hope your able to enjoy it.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I have a problem answering replies that I shouldn't. Cant help myself sometimes.
I’m just appalled that you would expect a delivery company to deliver your package to you when they were supposed to.
Conan Obrien Ugh GIF by Team Coco

OP
OP
A;exr54

A;exr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had a fedex driver show up at the same time as usps. Usps delivered my lights fedex picked up my lights slapped a label on it and sent it to the east coast. They were supposed to pick up a 4ft 80lb package and send that but they decided the tiny 1ft by 6inch package was the correct one and then they all but refused to work with me because they "did" their job.
That's worse then my situation. I hope you got it all worked out eventually. Its unreal how careless some people are about their jobs.
According to many people who replied to this thread. You are an entitled person to think they should correct the problem. And its understandable they made this error because their job is not easy.
Oh and i think there was one post about how i think "incompetence runs rampant among us simple folk". :squinting-face-with-tongue:

1. I’m surprised this thread has received so much attention.
2. This was not BRS fault.
3. I think most delivery people do a very good job. I’ve never done their job but I think it can be really challenging and taxing. There will always be the honest mistakes and there will always be the people who don’t do a good job, just as in any field.
4. To the OP, I understand your frustration and your concern. But I also think you have prematurely overreacted a bit. Now that you have received your skimmer, I hope your able to enjoy it.

Not sure what made you think i got the packages. I am still waiting on UPS to try and retrieve it. All they confirmed was they delivered it to the wrong address. They didn't give me an address.
I don't think I overreacted at all.
I would like to see your reaction if you to order quite expensive goods and they deliver it to the wrong address and then when you inquire about it they say it can take up to 14 business days to get squared away, maybe.

And i simply asked if anyone has had this happen and how BRS deals with it.
I just responded to lots of posts with various opinions i dont agree with.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A;exr54

A;exr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We get the fact you think incompetence runs rampant among us simple folk...

Moderators, please close this ridiculous thread.
I am sorry you see it that way. I don't think I said this or implied this in any way, shape, or form.

I don't think moderators will close this thread because of anything I've posted. I have not insulted anyone or called anyone any names.
What i did was justly call out UPS and said I don't believe anyone who received the packages will willfully return them.

On the contrary I was called names and was told I am overreacting and expecting too much. A couple people posted that I am acting entitled for expecting my delivery. On top of that apparently my tank is in bad shape because it needs a skimmer.
I was simply responding to all those people who did so. I don't typically take that sort of down talk without speaking up for myself.

Last edited:

Malcontent

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a UPS package disappear completely from their system for a week then reappear with delivery scheduled the next day. I watched it like a hawk then saw it get an incorrect address exception. I hopped on my MTB and chased down the UPS truck. It was apparently mis-delivered earlier and whoever received it not only took their sweet time but wrote "does not live here" on the address label prompting the driver to not even attempt what would have been the very first delivery attempt while only feet away from my house.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 37 58.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.2%
Back