BulkReefSupply Lost Package

scardall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious if someone has dealt with this before and how it went?
Ordered a protein skimmer because mine broke and i need one asap.

Was expecting delivery today. UPS tracking showed it as delivered and dropped at front door. Well not my front door.
And i know it was the UPS delivery persons mistake because i also had another package supposed to arrive today from a different vendor.
Both show delivered at front door at the same time. The delivery person obviously was careless and dropped them at someone else's house.

I opened a claim with UPS. BRS is closed so I cant talk to anyone there.
UPS is really useless - how hard can it be to contact the driver, or check where he really dropped them off?
But nope - as per UPS it can take 14 business days for the claim to go through.

I really cant go without a skimmer for that long. My faith in humanity is very low. The possibility of whoever got the packages doing the right thing and dropping them off to the correct address is something I highly doubt will happen. Its been about 6 hours and they haven't yet. People continue to disappoint me.
The totally careless UPS delivery person and the "neighbor" who got the packages.
Will BRS send me another? Or am I completely screwed?
is their not a pic with your conformation E-mail? Amazon does this.

OP
OP
A;exr54

A;exr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a UPS package disappear completely from their system for a week then reappear with delivery scheduled the next day. I watched it like a hawk then saw it get an incorrect address exception. I hopped on my MTB and chased down the UPS truck. It was apparently mis-delivered earlier and whoever received it not only took their sweet time but wrote "does not live here" on the address label prompting the driver to not even attempt what would have been the very first delivery attempt while only feet away from my house.
This is a perfect example of why my faith in humanity is so low. How hard is it to just walk out a few feet and say here; Your package got delivered to me by accident. Simple solutions to simple problems.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPS already said they brought it to the wrong place. Not sure what a photo does in this case. The photos are so they (the company) can not be liable for porch pirates or people who lie and claim they didn't get a package when they did. It's all about making money :)

Makes me think of this tho... eek.

Last edited:

Abarge16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's worse then my situation. I hope you got it all worked out eventually. Its unreal how careless some people are about their jobs.
According to many people who replied to this thread. You are an entitled person to think they should correct the problem. And its understandable they made this error because their job is not easy.
Oh and i think there was one post about how i think "incompetence runs rampant among us simple folk". :squinting-face-with-tongue:

Not sure what made you think i got the packages. I am still waiting on UPS to try and retrieve it. All they confirmed was they delivered it to the wrong address. They didn't give me an address.
I don't think I overreacted at all.
I would like to see your reaction if you to order quite expensive goods and they deliver it to the wrong address and then when you inquire about it they say it can take up to 14 business days to get squared away, maybe.

And i simply asked if anyone has had this happen and how BRS deals with it.
I just responded to lots of posts with various opinions i dont agree with.
I did get them back after I payed for shipping again a third time

OP
OP
A;exr54

A;exr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPS already said they brought it to the wrong place. Not sure what a photo does in this case. The photos are so they (the company) can not be liable for porch pirates or people who lie and claim they didn't get a package when they did. It's all about making money :)

Makes me think of this tho... eek.

If I had a picture I may be able to tell if it was a neighbor and then I could go knock on their door. In some cases a picture could be useful. But not all cases.
Like if its a picture of my front door to me its obvious because i know what's out there. Same with some of my neighbors front doors.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's worse then my situation. I hope you got it all worked out eventually. Its unreal how careless some people are about their jobs.
According to many people who replied to this thread. You are an entitled person to think they should correct the problem. And its understandable they made this error because their job is not easy.
Oh and i think there was one post about how i think "incompetence runs rampant among us simple folk". :squinting-face-with-tongue:

Not sure what made you think i got the packages. I am still waiting on UPS to try and retrieve it. All they confirmed was they delivered it to the wrong address. They didn't give me an address.
I don't think I overreacted at all.
I would like to see your reaction if you to order quite expensive goods and they deliver it to the wrong address and then when you inquire about it they say it can take up to 14 business days to get squared away, maybe.

And i simply asked if anyone has had this happen and how BRS deals with it.
I just responded to lots of posts with various opinions i dont agree with.
I’m with you on this one, no clue why it would take 14 days to resolve, their trucks have GPS. Maybe they’re figuring they’ll have to refund that sounds like 14 days. Good luck, hope you get it back today.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wandering around my block looking for my package..

lurking-creeping.gif

In any case.. my bet is UPS/Fedex don't do that because it would cost them more money and they already have GPS. Some of my Amazon deliveries come in a private car.

Los Angeles Lakers Basketball GIF by Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty

OP
OP
A;exr54

A;exr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wandering around my block looking for my package..

lurking-creeping.gif

In any case.. my bet is UPS/Fedex don't do that because it would cost them more money and they already have GPS. Some of my Amazon deliveries come in a private car.

Los Angeles Lakers Basketball GIF by Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty
I totally felt like a creep driving around my block looking at everyone's front door.

Homey D. Clownfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like shipping issues have been much worse with covid, not to mention it’s hard to trust people nowadays. Luckily, the wife works from home so if I’m expecting a package while I’m at work I can let her know when/if it’s been delivered.

OP
OP
A;exr54

A;exr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like shipping issues have been much worse with covid, not to mention it’s hard to trust people nowadays. Luckily, the wife works from home so if I’m expecting a package while I’m at work I can let her know when/if it’s been delivered.
That's the thing as well. I work from home. I knew immediately when it was marked as delivered that it was not right.

At first covid was a great reason. After this many years, now its a great excuse. Which gets used way too often to account for subpar performance.
These are just my opinions.

Last edited:

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think UPS choice is free and it allows you to see where your driver/package is. It doesn't help now I don't think? But might in the future if you see it was delivered but not really since you can see where the truck is.

I wouldn't be mad at the driver... pretty sure delivery people are not being treated well and working long hours. I can't even blame them for mistakes if working such crappy conditions. Plus their job is straight up hazardous.
Why would you not be mad at the whole situation - including the driver? just curious? Don't want a debate. They chose the job. I mean - Unless there was an error on the address - the only person responsible was the driver or someone routing packages at UPS. Lots of people work in 'crappy conditions'.

To the OP - Your corals are not going to suffer without a skimmer for x days. I would stop worrying - and call BRS in the AM to verify the shipping details. It is quite common for packages to be 'mis-delivered' - and it is UPS' responsibility (not BRS) to replace it or figure out where it is. BRS (and you) paid for UPS to ship the package to the correct address. Its UPS' responsibility IMHO.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got one of two delivered from BRS today. I was confused how they could deliver 1/2 of my two item order and mark it delivered.
Towards the end of the day the guys who were remodeled the bathroom brought me a package and said; “Sorry, he thought it was something for the shower and we don’t know what it is but here you go.”

I’ve seen the “delivered packages” show up one, two, or three days later. Sometimes the labels are screwed up or the package never made it from the dock and into the truck on delivery day. Hope they bring it to you tomorrow, for reef’s sake!
We had a 6 figure piece of artwork that said 'delivered' to an address in the southwest. The person it was supposed to go to - called and asked 'where is it' - I said 'it says delivered'. IT WAS - 5 houses down on top of the neighbors trashcan.

This also happened to us as well - the thing said delivered - we couldn't find it - finally found it in the garage behind the trash can. To the OP - suggest you very carefully look all around your house, etc.. And - symptathies to you - not trying to sound harsh or unsympathetic.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
BTW - (this was with FedEx) - the shipper insisted on an adult signature. When no one was home - the delivery driver merely signed with an x on the tablet - and left the package. When I called FedEx - they said 'we give the drivers leeway to do this'. The whole situation is crazy.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would you not be mad at the whole situation - including the driver? just curious? Don't want a debate. They chose the job. I mean - Unless there was an error on the address - the only person responsible was the driver or someone routing packages at UPS. Lots of people work in 'crappy conditions'.

To the OP - Your corals are not going to suffer without a skimmer for x days. I would stop worrying - and call BRS in the AM to verify the shipping details. It is quite common for packages to be 'mis-delivered' - and it is UPS' responsibility (not BRS) to replace it or figure out where it is. BRS (and you) paid for UPS to ship the package to the correct address. Its UPS' responsibility IMHO.

I am mad at companies who run businesses poorly and don't have enough drivers which causes delays and more mistakes. I am mad when I hear about Amazon drivers peeing in bottles or they fired someone because they made a legitimate complaint and that UPS has to scan packages but not deliver them because of some unrealistic quota (dumb and only makes people more frustrated).

More mistakes happen when working short or conditions suck. If a nurse or doctor is more likely to make a mistake because they have way to many patients or outdated equiptment, I don't just say well... just be better. The hospital system itself is what needs to be fixed. Telling people to just work harder or be better will not fix the problem. It is a bandaid.

Also it is just not how I want to live. Rather not be frustrated and upset about (what is to me).. a small issue. I guess I would be upset if it was live fish since they die though. Going through life being upset about individuals around me just isn't for me unless they are actually truly awful individuals. An honest mistake is one thing but the guy who keys your car is just a dick.

I am glad they found his package though. Hopefully it does not take 14 days... that is a long time but probably just a generic number they pass out as I assume they have to contact that other person.. idk.. could be 2 days or 2 months :(

Last edited:

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a perfect example of why my faith in humanity is so low. How hard is it to just walk out a few feet and say here; Your package got delivered to me by accident. Simple solutions to simple problems.
If you think this has been tough, I have ordered a Westinghouse Generator for my tank 3 times - 2 from Lowes home delivery (no notice and dumped in my driveway) and 1 Home Depot store delivery. They have delivered the SAME damaged generator each time. Many phone calls and trips to the store to deal with and I am now on my fourth order trying again with Home Depot.

OP
OP
A;exr54

A;exr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had a 6 figure piece of artwork that said 'delivered' to an address in the southwest. The person it was supposed to go to - called and asked 'where is it' - I said 'it says delivered'. IT WAS - 5 houses down on top of the neighbors trashcan.

This also happened to us as well - the thing said delivered - we couldn't find it - finally found it in the garage behind the trash can. To the OP - suggest you very carefully look all around your house, etc.. And - symptathies to you - not trying to sound harsh or unsympathetic.
That is completely insane… I would have went bonkers.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back