Busted!!

Zoanuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many of my fellow friends have been busted by you significant other about the amount of money you spend weekly on your reef? My wife went nuts today when I told her that I bought more frags. She asked how much but I didn't know until she went through the Credit Cards and bank statement!! OUCH! She has cut me off.... I guess I need be due to the house being built and the wonderboy!

Dustin

geoxman

hemp farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next time you go to the grocery store, pay with debit, and get an extra $20. Then the statement says "joes grocery" and she has no idea how much the food was. Do that a few times per week and over a month it will add up-then funnel your paypal account with the extra $$ and shop away. good luck

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next time you go to the grocery store, pay with debit, and get an extra $20. Then the statement says "joes grocery" and she has no idea how much the food was. Do that a few times per week and over a month it will add up-then funnel your paypal account with the extra $$ and shop away. good luck
You sound like you have done this before...

OP
OP
Zoanuts

Zoanuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well she added all of it up!! And the grand total is 2400.00 in the last two months. She has chopped me off at the knees guys. Help!!

Carolina Frags

Fragging for a Living
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just give mine $300 to $400 on Fridays to go shopping ,she never ask me anything about my hobbies.Plus my play checking account she does not look at.I slide money to it online from bussiness account to play account.
As long as she can spend she does not pay attention

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nobody here is gonna help you stop the wrath of your wife.....LOL. That's like taking on the war department and we won't be collateral damage.

kurbs

Zoa & Paly Luva
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fiance' works at the credit union we belong too. There has been times I haven't even been out of the store and she's calling me - OUCH! I am getting my balls kicked all the time for the tank and the time and money I spend.

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
rotfl You guys are crazy!!

IMO, marry a woman with her own paycheck and checking account... I could give a crap less where my hubby spends his $$ as long as the bills are paid and we are saving something... All his $$ goes to his motorcycle or his truck I believe.

I get into more trouble over the time I take up of his than the reef... But I just tell him I'm worth it and then prove it to him... ROTFLMAO Now, THAT works every time!!

<grin>
Laurie

OP
OP
Zoanuts

Zoanuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with most but it is a balancing act between peace and the hobby. She has tried to get me to budget 300.00 a month but nothing costs that little in this hobby. I am having a sump made for corbin's cube. I guess she needs to know about that too. My parents are trying to figure out what to give me for bday. I went to the wifey's computer and emailed a page that had a new light fixture and a controller on it. Let's see what they get me. OOOOO I am sick! Love the hobby but not the cost. My son has spent a couple of $$$ lately buying frags too!! He is 12 and he needs a job other than things around the apt. As we build our new home we are buying new this and that bla bla bla. Not as fun as new paly's!

Dustin

kurbs

Zoa & Paly Luva
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am on my second marriage and I spend what I want and thats how it goes!!! That was a rule expressed before we got married. She buys her CRAP on QVC, I spend my $$ on my hobby...

AMEN! I tried to lay down that law - but if I had it my way we'd be broke...

...but I'd still have my tank LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :p

OP
OP
Zoanuts

Zoanuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta keep the peace!! I am 6'4 230lb but the wife knows how to control my son and I. He got in just as much trouble as me. He blamed it on me and I just got beat up!!! I took one for the team.

Dustin

Chelsey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's worse when you and your s/o are in the hobby...both of us are pretty bad about not keeping the other in check. I guess it'll bite me in the butt someday :D

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh man, my girlfriend would would flip out if she knew how much i've spent on my tank since august. i think i would also flip if i added up the numbers, so i wont. lol

But I just tell him I'm worth it and then prove it to him... ROTFLMAO Now, THAT works every time!!
<grin>
Laurie

ya know, i cant think of one appropriate comment to come back with after reading that. haha :read:

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well my best advice is spend equaly on money and time you and wont have anymore probs garrantied infact you can get a 1200gal fish room like me:0)

chadfarmer

profilux in the house
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my girlfriend knows what i buy and she wants it mor ethan i want it, but you cant live forever

berns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol i did add up wat i had spent but never got to the end result as it got scarey before i finished so i stopped, so i then spent even more dosh on 2 frag tanks which will hopefull swing the scales back again lol

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back