Busted!!

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what does she need $100/week for? whats her hobby?

PPssssshhhhaawww, prob isn't gonna be a hobby as much of a lifestyle. You can spend $400 EASY on shoes/purses/clothes/jewelry... We wont even talk about tanning and make up type stuff... Crap. Nair is what, $4-5 a bottle???

LOL

:D
Laurie

czieler

Reefin' Girl
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cost I just had of upgrading to my 150g just made my girlfriend balk a bit...wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't have that extra $800 mistake on the used one I tried to buy...

She got a bit cranky about it...but I reminded her that I've only been in this hobby for a yr and a half ( and she got me the first one for my birthday ) ....she has had her hobby (softball) for the 9 yrs we've lived together... and has outspent me by far on softball bats, tournaments, etc.

But in general... I try not to spend too much... especially since we are trying to get out of debt... but after working all the time and sending in money on bills... you still have to have something to enjoy... but we are in the process of working out a budget that we are going to both agree to follow..and hopefully be out of debt ( cept for cars/house ) in a little over yr!

OP
OP
Zoanuts

Zoanuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Budgeting sucks!! But it is probably best for both worlds. You wouldn't believe that the wife found a frag for me on ebay and she bought it. Yea!! But she took it out of my budget for the week. I am down to 60.00 But that is ok.

Dustin

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Budgeting sucks!! But it is probably best for both worlds. You wouldn't believe that the wife found a frag for me on ebay and she bought it. Yea!! But she took it out of my budget for the week. I am down to 60.00 But that is ok.

Dustin

lol, That is the beginning of the end for her... Find out what she likes and put it in the tank, and that will cinch it...

Laurie

kappaknight

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next time you go to the grocery store, pay with debit, and get an extra $20. Then the statement says "joes grocery" and she has no idea how much the food was. Do that a few times per week and over a month it will add up-then funnel your paypal account with the extra $$ and shop away. good luck

What an elaborate way to lie to your significant other.

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, my lies to my sig other usually follow the pattern of, "Nah, I didn't mind at all that you came in and pooped while I was in the shower..."

LOL
Laurie

dastank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, here's my system. First I have the wife on an allowance ($700 a month) and never question where she spends her money, I'll buy her anything she wants (my wife is really frugal that's why this works) I pay all of the bills and on the weekend when were out together I pay for everything. She really doesn’t like to deal with the money stuff and I'm more than happy too. Most things for my tank never get questioned, but when I'm getting a lot of stuff I'll take it all to the storage room and slowly introduce it to the house, of course while she busy doing something else and can't see what's going on. Then if she asks “What’s that?” I give her a detailed explanation of what is it, how it works, how it helps the tank, how to take care of it, and then she shakes her head and walks away. :D

msman825

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol, That is the beginning of the end for her... Find out what she likes and put it in the tank, and that will cinch it...

Laurie
I tried that. Now she has her own tank and fish and i pay for it. (well she will when she really wants something) I have to take care of it and maintain it, And the bad part about it is she don't really like zoo's are palys. she like fish fish and more fish. And junk like GSP- Xenia, mushrooms. things that i hate:) But she bought the 180G off a yard sell collecting dust in my shop and in my way, for her fish. I'm going to set it up this spring. Oh well it makes her happy so you know how it goes

czieler

Reefin' Girl
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had hoped my gf would get into the hobby w/ me...but she got disinterested when all the tangs she wanted the first month we had the tank got ich and died ( that was our fault partially for not researching what can go in a 65...but the LFS shouldn't have sold 'em to us either )

Back