Busted!!

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm kicking myself in my own a**. I have to pay my second car insurance bill soon...eeeekk!!! :shock: I will never add up what i have spent in this hobby/addiction because i know its a whole lot.

Plus i am going to Bryans place soon and i know i will spend a crap load. And i am settin' up my prop system.

Im so screwed..... :sad5:

But hey you only live once....Live it to the fullest!!!

Steve :)

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well....at least you're not fooling around with another woman/man!! My excuse is .... I got it from a buddy who's got too much Corals or my LFS gave me another Coral one by mistake...again!!

minibowmatt

2 zoos for me, 1 for you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I "trade" alot! ;)
I have also done the grocery trick, as well as homedepot. My wife pretty much knows what I spend and is ok with it as long as all of our other monetary commitments have been met. If I am addicted to zoa's, shes addicted to shoes! so its all even in the end!

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since setting up a 'savings' account for the reef tank, things have settled down. I had to write a budget a few years abck because I kept having emergency items pop up (like all new MH and VHO lighting for all tanks, etc.). I used to 'trade' alot, too. I'd come home with something and say, oh yeah, I owe him a coral;). I get $20 a week for recreation. Since I don't do anything, that money goes into a hidding spot in my wallet and gets used for the above 'trades':). Getting her involved was helpful, too.

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh man, my girlfriend would would flip out if she knew how much i've spent on my tank since august. i think i would also flip if i added up the numbers, so i wont. lol

ya know, i cant think of one appropriate comment to come back with after reading that. haha :read:

That's totally true, too.. Every spouse knows their spouses' greatest weakness.. just learn to tap into it and exploit the happiness on demand when YOU need it... It's win/win imo...

rotflmao
Laurie

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get into more trouble over the time I take up of his than the reef... But I just tell him I'm worth it and then prove it to him... ROTFLMAO Now, THAT works every time!!

<grin>
Laurie

Laurie.. this is so hilarious... the best statement a lady can use, I guess.. :)

my wife has an idea what I spend but I do handle our finances and I have a set budget every week for play...

when I was single.. if I want it, I charge it :lol: ... my wife taught me how to save and delay gratification a bit.. I'm still not really good at it but am really proud of myself when I do delay gratification... before we got married, we agreed that I will be handling the finances and I feel very responsible because my wife trusted me not to mess this up.. sometimes, I feel like I "really" need something but if you stop and think about, you really just "want" it.. hehe...

I guess having a 32g tank helps too since I can't put too much (even though I do).. hehe..

I've found that trading is the best way to get what you want and getting the other party what they want also.. another good trick is this... find a couple of really sought after corals, but more important that you really really like it, whether palys, micros, etc... and grow it for two or three months.. then start trading.. I wished I thought about this before.. :) if you were to do zoas and palys, I would start with the top 10 voted zoas/palys last december...

OP
OP
Zoanuts

Zoanuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marvin,

You make it sound sooo easy. Live by the rule die by the rule!!
The wife has my son and I on a bread and water diet! She didn't see the frags you just sent me!! Yea!!

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marvin,

You make it sound sooo easy. Live by the rule die by the rule!!
The wife has my son and I on a bread and water diet! She didn't see the frags you just sent me!! Yea!!

:D

I should stop contributing.. ;)

I'm glad that your list is complete though..

we still need to see pics of what you got..

msman825

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh man, my girlfriend would would flip out if she knew how much i've spent on my tank since august. i think i would also flip if i added up the numbers, so i wont. lol

ya know, i cant think of one appropriate comment to come back with after reading that. haha :read:
I would have to Agree here. But it's only money.
hiding
:hiding: hiding

OP
OP
Zoanuts

Zoanuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well after a long talk this morning and today, the wife is going to give me 100.00 bucks a week for frags and frag supplies. We came to a truse that she needed a 100.00 a week also. So we worked it out in an adult manor.

keri2000

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well after a long talk this morning and today, the wife is going to give me 100.00 bucks a week for frags and frag supplies. We came to a truse that she needed a 100.00 a week also. So we worked it out in an adult manor.

This is the funniest thread I have read in a while. He bought me the tank, and now I am an addict, so it's all his fault.

I want $100/week..... :D

OP
OP
Zoanuts

Zoanuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to beg for that! She is the reason I got into reefing. "MY DADDY DIDN'T RAISE NO QUITTER!" IT ONLY COSTS A FEW DOLLARS MORE TO GO FIRST CLASS!!!

Dustin

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

that's awesome.. $100/week is a good starting point.. that's $400/month.. man, you can get some nice collection once a month..

good luck and happy hunting on your sought after corals...

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

what does she need $100/week for? whats her hobby?

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 26.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back