• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Buying corals online

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

gfox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who out there is still afraid to buy corals online?

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not many, it all comes down to you have to find the right people to trust. I personally like WWC on here, Cherry corals, Reef odysee and Just did my first order with Absolutely fish and let me say AF stand behind there product great ppl to deal with. I would definitely ask around though because there are some I would never deal with.

Znut Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rockymountain frags has some very nice stuff. Jared is great to work with. And theres Procorals. Sometimes you can pick up some good deals from other hobbyists. I try to stay with the tank raised sps. The wild sps are harder to keep and color up.

donfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I use FragsandMore, because it is somewhat local, so shipping is less. Check them out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reef UP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love getting my corals from mike at sexy corals can't ever ask for better transactions and he'll always work with you
I'm just back to not liking selling online due to one difficult customer but for the most part mike has made me comfortable with ordering online again!

lsingh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hve personally dealt with mike at sexy corals and never been disappointed ....he always backs up his sales and gves extreme Coustomer service ... Come on we all know that we all just dnt call em sexy corals he's really been releasing and got some stuff that the industry has never seen.... From frags to colony u name and he's got it....
Lol he's really gt some extreme sexy corals and fully vouch for him....!!

roblshan2000

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All your fears will be alleviated when you order from Mike over at Sexy Corals. Best customer service, best communication, best corals. Everything comes in packaged great, and looking great. Mike also has one of the best replacement policies that I've ever seen. Check him out!!! I also found NJ Reef Farm recently and those guys have been awesome so far as well.

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not at all afraid to purchase corals, online. In fact, I'm patiently awaiting the FedEx truck, which should be here any minute, with an order from a sponsor here.

Since this is somewhat related to vendors, I'm going to move it to the more appropriate, Vendor Feedback forum.

Emoney

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've learned to not be so trusting with every vendor out there ...seems some vendors are only about profit and no about customer satisfaction and not quality of a product ...shipping corals out way to early before there healed ..

There are alot of good guys out there ..just ask alot of questions and ask for pictures

Jpurpz831

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had given up on buying online but then came along mike from sexy corals made me believe again. i personally love getting my corals from sexy mike in person or shipped . I had a couple problems in the past with other vendors online . With sexy corals it is easy usually just pm him an order n not worry about it next thing you know u have a sexy display to stare at day after day and not to mention he always throws in some freebies :wink: and all his corals are exactly how they look in his pics. yes i couldnt believe it before cuz i didnt know such crazy corals exist but after gettin my corals and seeing everthing in person .. now im a believer!! . they have really good customer service at sexy corals give them a try u wont be dissapointed i never have n im sure alot of other members here agree with me on this.

Last edited:

Larsen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a box in from mike at Sexy Corals. Great corals and customer service. He is a legit dude.

GAtroutbum

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually received a SPS pack from Mike at Sexy Corals yesterday, great frags and customer service. I also picked up a pack from Joe at Joe Knows Reefs a couple weeks back. Again, great frags and customer service. I'll be doing business with both again.

Chrisz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a place near Duluth Minnesota to order corals from? Most of the vendors seem to be a long way away from here and the shipping cost is more than the corals. Are there any issues with shipping in the winter time?

OP
OP
gfox

gfox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all of the replys.It does sound like there are good places to buy from.Just been a little hesitant with corals.Had a bad experiance with fish a few years back.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back