OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how are you feeling ? seeing the world in a different way..? :)
Vision is still a little hazy and likely will be for the remainder of the week while the corneal flap heals back up, most of the swelling in my eyelids is down as well. Right now vision is on par with a bad allergy day with my contact lenses, except I do not feel the grainy sand feeling those gave me in addition.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ew. I don't want to do this
PXL_20210627_161305605.jpg

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I for sure need to get a different tool for PH measurement. Thats a huge discrepancy. Bigger than mine but going opposite way.
Hanna trends where I was seeing the pinpoint. It's possible I got a crappy slide for my first one. I'm not really worried about the value, so much as the sway I'm seeing daily. Corals aren't reacting poorly, so I doubt it's as low as seneye is reading.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really interesting to see the difference between the big tank and the little tank. Big tank is dosed daily to maintain alkalinity and calcium, little tank is not. It just gets a weekly water change from the big tank (that changes this weekend)

Big tanks alkalinity is holding steady at about 9, little tank dropped to 8.4 in a week. Big tank calcium dosing actually needs to be bumped up even more... Little tanks change was negligible.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a correction dose to move the big tank from 360 towards 450 - I already did one of these earlier in the week for the clam situation but apparently it wasn't enough because I barely climbed from where I was (and my test prior to that was 425). SOMEONE is sucking up calcium in the tank recently. Increasing my daily dose as well. My 6/7 sample read at 422.5 - I moved all the baby acros from the pico to here and added the crocea since then so I'm assuming they're working together to cause this situation.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did wake and bake wading (not, I love it) through 11 pages of chez Frank this morning, takes a while as the twins are waking up at the same time so I get distracted! ;)

I really need to sit down and read all of that behemoth of a build lol

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My nepthea was open this morning along with the frags
Yeah frags are the only things that look stressed now. You wouldn't even guess I hacked into the Solomon Tree 2 hours ago.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back