OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I chopped my insert unknown leather name here today and the frags deflate like a balloon getting the air let out of it.
I mean, if this wasn't a "family friendly" site, I'd have the perfect description of the reaction to chopping it. Alas, deflating balloons work.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean, if this wasn't a "family friendly" site, I'd have the perfect description of the reaction to chopping it. Alas, deflating balloons work.
what i was thinking about the earlier clam discussion.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to trim my sinularia in the middle of that photo also, But apparently him leaning against the rock has led to him attaching to that rock all along the side. We'll see what happens there. The neon nepthea isn't infringing on anyone yet so he can stay.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They had a neon green cespitulari at my lfs today, it wasn't it was a lovely green Kenya but too much money.

I’m almost wondering if the “ruby red Xenia” someone talked about earlier today was a cespitularia.

interesting

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m almost wondering if the “ruby red Xenia” someone talked about earlier today was a cespitularia.

interesting
Someone me? They look very distinguishably different as they mature. Plus the ruby pulses

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone me? They look very distinguishably different as they mature. Plus the ruby pulses

no not you. It was in a random thread I commented in this morning. They claimed they had “ruby red Xenia” but the picture of it had the same sort of wide base and branching arms that the coral @najer mentioned. Didn’t actually look like Xenia at all. No mat based growth.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no not you. It was in a random thread I commented in this morning. They claimed they had “ruby red Xenia” but the picture of it had the same sort of wide base and branching arms that the coral @najer mentioned. Didn’t actually look like Xenia at all. No mat based growth.
There are a couple Xenia that don't follow the typical growth pattern everyone is familiar with. I didn't see the thread in question but it was mentioned in franks like.... yesterday? (Hence my confusion) If you check out marinefarmers you can see a few very unique species. My understanding is that the ruby and the ball don't spread like crazy either

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
didnt mean you my friend. Sorry for the confusion
Random coincidence, we were just talking about it yesterday so I thought maybe that was your reference

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a couple Xenia that don't follow the typical growth pattern everyone is familiar with. I didn't see the thread in question but it was mentioned in franks like.... yesterday? (Hence my confusion) If you check out marinefarmers you can see a few very unique species. My understanding is that the ruby and the ball don't spread like crazy either

maybe it was yesterday. Didn’t get much sleep last night so things have blended together. But yeah, that’s also what I’ve heard. Just saying the thread where I heard about ruby red, the individual who provided a pic had something looking more like cespitularia in a shade of red than any Xenia I’ve seen.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s what was posted. Maybe it is Xenia but I’ve never seen any like this
28A67677-E8AF-4183-9F16-7D6F758BCA5D.png

edit: it doesn’t look anything like your ruby red for whatever that’s worth
I can't tell anything in that blue of light lol. But they do come up from a chunky stalk like that instead of a lower mat. They're beautiful once they mature. Mine was a tiny dime sized frag that is slowly growing for me. I added it some time after the tank swap so it's only been a couple months

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 36 35.3%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 17 16.7%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back