Calling all Reefing Gamers Here!! or ( Gaming Reefers ;) )

OP
OP
SnookNRedZ

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got home from work kind of late yesterday. By the time I made dinner, it was already way to close to my bed time to jump into a game, i know myself all too well... i could easily stay up past midnight playing games, then at work im falling asleep on the forklift mid load.. hahah. Tonight though, I will get on and add any Xbox Live folks who dropped their Gamertags on the thread.

I hope other people are connecting on here, whether it be PS4 or PC. Thats all this thread was intended for, getting us gaming reefers together!

vertigo01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may be showing my age, my idiocy or maybe both but i have no idea as to how to play live.

Can I use the in the ear ear buds for sound on the PS4?
The same kind that come with smart phones that allow you to hear and talk without looking like Madonna?

Been wanting to try the Xbox version and compare it to the PS console. Could use one in the RV anyway.

OP
OP
SnookNRedZ

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may be showing my age, my idiocy or maybe both but i have no idea as to how to play live. No way, you're fine man. All live is vertigo, is a slang term used to play on the internet. More specifically, Microsoft's Xbox uses the term Xbox Live, which is the interface where you can chose to play games, download them, etc its like 60 bux a year I believe. psn is free if i recall correctly. But Xbox has way more content to chose from imo. not just games either. Each console or platform has servers that host these "Live" online games. Where you play real people in real time.

Can I use the in the ear ear buds for sound on the PS4? I dont have any experience here, so im not sure...
The same kind that come with smart phones that allow you to hear and talk without looking like Madonna?

Been wanting to try the Xbox version and compare it to the PS console. Could use one in the RV anyway.

My answers are in bold italics...

ewcc1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, it sounds bad. Nothing against Asians. But if you're living in Asia playing on a US server, you get a ping advantage. I've tried going to the Asian servers for the ping advantage but it's all hacks. Very frustrating.
How about Asian in the US and playing in the US server. lol

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about Asian in the US and playing in the US server. lol
That isn't where I was going with that. If you can't see that than you're triggering yourself into a misconstrued perception of what you think I was talking about.

Oberst Oswald

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Playing "Wolfenstein: The New Colossus" and "Call of Duty WW2" on a Falcon Northwest PC. Been playing games on the PC since 1999. Use to play online "Rainbow 6: Raven Shield" but now only single player. Have a Play Station 3 that I only use for Blue Ray on my TV.

penguin11776

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may be showing my age, my idiocy or maybe both but i have no idea as to how to play live.

Can I use the in the ear ear buds for sound on the PS4?

You can use them to listen to the game/ chat, but you cannot always talk through them. I have a pair of Klipsch headphones that the mic works on, but Apple headphones never work. Just trial and error I suppose!

vertigo01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use them to listen to the game/ chat, but you cannot always talk through them. I have a pair of Klipsch headphones that the mic works on, but Apple headphones never work. Just trial and error I suppose!

Thanks, I much prefer the in ear set as opposed to the over ear set, since I can't stand anything pressing against my ears.
I have no problem buying a pair if they are known to work with the PS4 or Xbox1. Just don't want to buy multiple pair, just to find that they only work some time..lol
I'll see if the pair that came with my Note 8 will work, tonight.

penguin11776

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I much prefer the in ear set as opposed to the over ear set, since I can't stand anything pressing against my ears.
I have no problem buying a pair if they are known to work with the PS4 or Xbox1. Just don't want to buy multiple pair, just to find that they only work some time..lol
I'll see if the pair that came with my Note 8 will work, tonight.
I agree 100%, only use in ear not a fan of headsets. But as a little trick, if your headphones don't work, try not plugging them in all the way. Headphones with a mic have a 3 ring jack, and for whatever reason if you only push the headphone jack in for the first 2 rings they work perfectly. If that makes sense lol

Adam113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently got this. Jesus Christ, this is absolutely a surreal experience. 04358980-06EA-453F-9C73-54E859318C37.jpg

alten78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
X1 here, same name... although I've always been a ps guy somehow ended up on the dark side lol.

Actually (I'm dating myself here) I started way back on a Commodore 64, 486 was life for a long time even with the early consoles. Now I'm stuck waiting my turn between a 14 and 2 year old which doesn't give me a lot of time. I'm not one to chat but play online when I can.

Currently I'm refreshing my For Honor skills...or lack thereof and Battlefront 2. After going through Destiny I never had the urge to try the 2nd one but seeing Skyrim mentioned makes med want to throw another 100 hours down lol.

Captmcfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PS4 / Alienware17 eso on both cod black ops gta4 on ps 4 sims 3 on pc dragon age inquisition pc.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
X1 here, same name... although I've always been a ps guy somehow ended up on the dark side lol.

Actually (I'm dating myself here) I started way back on a Commodore 64, 486 was life for a long time even with the early consoles. Now I'm stuck waiting my turn between a 14 and 2 year old which doesn't give me a lot of time. I'm not one to chat but play online when I can.

Currently I'm refreshing my For Honor skills...or lack thereof and Battlefront 2. After going through Destiny I never had the urge to try the 2nd one but seeing Skyrim mentioned makes med want to throw another 100 hours down lol.
100 hours on skyrim. I'm sure I have in the thousands...

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 90 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back