OP
OP
U

Umar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And also today is the 2nd day of cycling and ammonia is 2 ppm and nitrate 0.2, using Red Sea test kits. Should I add ammonia tomorrow?
Can I increase pH during Dr.Tims fishless cycle?using Seachem buffer 8.3

NanoNana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And also today is the 2nd day of cycling and ammonia is 2 ppm and nitrate 0.2, using Red Sea test kits. Should I add ammonia tomorrow?
It depends on what your ammonia is tomorrow. You likely will not need to add on day three.
Do note that you are unlikely to be cycled in 8-10 days. Most cycles with Dr. Tim’s take 25 days or longer.
Things you may not have known: RO/DI water takes longer to cycle with Dr. Tim’s (any soft water does) and use of live sand also slows the cycle using this product (according to Dr. Tim).

OP
OP
U

Umar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends on what your ammonia is tomorrow. You likely will not need to add on day three.
Do note that you are unlikely to be cycled in 8-10 days. Most cycles with Dr. Tim’s take 25 days or longer.
Things you may not have known: RO/DI water takes longer to cycle with Dr. Tim’s (any soft water does) and use of live sand also slows the cycle using this product (according to Dr. Tim).
Oh yes I’m using live sand and RO/DI risen water so will check tomorrow for the ammonia if it’s between 0.2-0, then I have to add ammonia right?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 12

NanoNana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yes I’m using live sand and RO/DI risen water so will check tomorrow for the ammonia if it’s between 0.2-0, then I have to add ammonia right?
It’s been a minute since I read the instructions but as I recall, yes. Day 3 add 2ppm if below 0.2.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 106 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.6%
Back