Can someone please help to ID these tiny things

racsoh

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 9, 2024
Messages
244
Reaction score
246
Location
US
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I just woke up and while doing my morning tank inspection, I found these little critters floating/swimming in the corner of the tank. Can you please help me ID what are they? Thanks 20250607_095558.jpg 20250607_095556.jpg 20250607_095507.jpg 20250607_095459.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 20250607_095643.mp4
    33.6 MB
HerIn a Facebook group they said the same. However their swimming patterns not flatworm worm like, tho. Here a close up video and some other picse are some more shots
 

Attachments

  • 20250607_105124.jpg
    20250607_105124.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 26
  • 20250607_105157.jpg
    20250607_105157.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 25
  • 20250607_105204.jpg
    20250607_105204.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 20250607_104533.mp4
    5.9 MB
  • 20250607_105117.jpg
    20250607_105117.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 43
I’m not entirely sure to be honest.

My first thought was they looked like red planaria, just not red.

It’s possible they could be something else. Do the fish eat them?
 
I’m not entirely sure to be honest.

My first thought was they looked like red planaria, just not red.

It’s possible they could be something else. Do the fish eat them?
Haven't seen any fish eating them since they dissappeared after the lights came on
 
Generally when I see pods on the glass they are small and you can see them crawling around.

Also, if you have any wrasses they would be going after them if they were pods (especially the 6 line type wrasses).

I’m still leaning towards some type of flatworm, but I could be wrong.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new