Candy cane coral slowly fading

Sean Duggan

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 8, 2019
Messages
272
Reaction score
178
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My uncle recently gave me two candy cane coral with a couple heads and it was doing great in the very beginning. Now it seems to be shriveling up and slowly dying. I’m starting to see the skeleton on them at night which is when their polyps are supposed to be open. I think I’ve identified my problem just want some others opinions. My phosphates recently have been high. Around 0.16-0.20 ppm. I’ve been feeding my corals twice a week and I believe I’m over feeding them based on the tests. If o cut back majorly on feeding and keep up with water changes should my phosphate drop and the candy canes bounce back? Or do you guys think something else may be the problem because all my other corals are doing fine. Any help is appreciated
B89F2D5E-4C10-4242-8BFF-C542FE7532CB.jpeg
12CC2913-1A21-45EB-B782-1DE07C472836.jpeg


0DB5219B-B931-413A-B3C3-FC19F588D23A.jpeg
 
Getting your parameters in check definitely won't hurt. Couple of those might be past the point of be return.
Corals like stability. If the come from a stable tank and into a tank with widly different parameters, the corals usually suffer.
Best of luck
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 22.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new