P

PghReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just took a pic of my Poison Envy!

5590E0FE-0061-424B-A278-19212C9FD3F8.jpeg
Wow it is beautiful. Looks like that's under bluer lighting? Did you get yours from Adam too?

How long have you had yours? I know this hobby is all about patience but some of these things grow so slow lol.

OP
OP
P

PghReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
same here, just make sure you know by adding a bunch of sps your Cal, and Alk are going to get consumed by these acros. Make sure you keep up with dosing or water changes.

Happy Reefing
Yes I test alk with my hanna checker once a week and it's always between 7.5 and 7.8. Once I start seeing a slow drift I add a few more minutes to the timer. Not super scientific but it seems to work for me and prevents any knee-jerk reaction causing large spikes.

Ca I use red sea pro, seem to hang around 440-460. Never tried the checker for ca.

Gernader

Reefing is a never-ending addiction...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Wow it is beautiful. Looks like that's under bluer lighting? Did you get yours from Adam too?

How long have you had yours? I know this hobby is all about patience but some of these things grow so slow lol.
Thanks. Yes that pic was under blue lighting, but I use whites and blues throughout the day and blues at night.

I got this piece from a local reefer who got it from Adam probably 5 months ago and it grows a little bit slower than my other acros. You definitely need some patience lol.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 99 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.9%
Back