"Caught doing something right!" Help us recognize helpful members in our reef community! Tell us who you caught being helpful to others!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There are so many helpful people on here! I've caught a bunch of people doing something right!

I was struggling so big with keeping Acros more than a couple of weeks. @SBB Corals @billyocean @Dhaleillama @StatelineReefer have all answered a lot of my questions and have been a huge help in my successful keeping of Acros! I'm going on close to 8 months with significant growth and healthy sticks thanks to advice and just general encouragement to keep on keeping on!

Also, there are so many members here that I would consider friends that are a blast to hang out with! I can't name them all (mainly for fear of missing people) but just know that you are awesome and I enjoy hanging out with you guys! (You know who you are!)

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, there are so many members here that I would consider friends that are a blast to hang out with! I can't name them all (mainly for fear of missing people) but just know that you are awesome and I enjoy hanging out with you guys! (You know who you are!)
baroness von sketch GIF
Bip Im Awesome GIF by Bachelor in Paradise

Definitely.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I caught (@revhtree) doing something right!

Rev gets way too little credit for devising and cultivating Reef2Reef to be the resource it is!

@ Rehvtree gets my vote. With the number of members this group has and the Amount of organization skills required to function smoothly is beyond a challenge. There are hundreds of posts hourly and to keep on top of them would seem near impossible.
It gets done with also to mention by Daniel@R2R who gets things resolved and keep many threads alive

@revhtree and Daniel @r2r
For the amazing job keeping this forum running smooth.
even if it means keeping us all in line

Humbled and honored! I just feel like one of the zoas that make up the colony here. Thank you.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I caught @WheatToast doing something right!

I tore my tank down after 16 years due to a plague of a type of algae I had never seen before. The faster I manually removed it the faster it grew choking out my corals and making my tank ugly. I thought if I could id it I could find something that would eat it ( didn’t have access to this type of info back then). I sent a picture to two marine biologists, no id. A friend of mine had a guy who maintained his aquarium in his dental office and home and was convinced he would know. He was wrong so down went the tank. After joining R2R I posted a picture asking for an id ( it still bothered me 10 years later) and within a few minutes Wheat Toast identified it as Neomeris sp and because it was a calcified algae only urchins would eat it. I’ve seen many times his fast and accurate ids that always amazes me. I haven’t seen him around lately, though.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Love the posts I'm seeing in this thread!! Let's do some more!!

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've caught @Randy Holmes-Farley doing something right. He puts up with my constant questions on chemistry lol thank you Mr Randy.

I've caught @vetteguy53081 doing something right. He's so friendly to everyone. And his name is so cool and hard to forget. But I do have a slight issue.. his name pops up and it takes me half a page down from all his awards lol..

But you know what, I'm fairly new and there's so many names so I @ everyone for being caught doing something right. It's being great members! Plain and simple. I do apologize that I can't name more just because there's so many people here LOL.

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
“I caught @i cant think doing something right”

He has helped me since the beginning, he has taught me a lot about many sides of the hobby, guided me in many aspects and has given me the amazing love for and keeping wrasse. Thanks to him I’ve been able to branch out into R2R, and become hopefully a good now and future Reef and fish keeper. He knows much more than I’m sure I’ll get to know, and he in my eyes is one of the best people in this community. He has been a great help and an even better friend. Thank you Aaron :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:
I second this! @i cant think has always been nothing but a great help and always full of wisdom and encouragement.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@vetteguy53081 is awesome, and just look at his profile numbers. Very impressive. I also have received great help and encouragement from him

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@revhtree being as busy as he is does an outstanding job and deserves a great thanks for what R2R is. The # 1 reef platform in the interwebs

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@OrionN for his knowledge and help in basically everything? hes one of the most knowledgeable people I met on this forum.
@90's reefer and @Randy Holmes-Farley for helping me figure out my dosing dilemma.
@livinlifeinBKK for his research on rarely discussed important topics.

Last edited:

MikeCRK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've caught @brandon429 doing something right. Which would be:

- having sound understanding of some of the challenges when trying to do thing good but not in the orthodox manner
- NOT USING copy and paste and actually reading the posts with understanding
- for the knowledge which can be applied to reef keeping and sharing it with others instead pushing the overall agenda on reef keeping
- for being opened to finding new ways for enjoying the hobby
- simply for caring and being approachable

==================

@brandon429 is a total opposite to "bot-moderators/users", who would automatically post their responses. I got caught few times in my short activity here, when if followed their advice I would simply damage my cube...
Also each of our tanks is different (despite being similar) and I found extremely helpful taking the topic off to DMs to discuss further, gather more context and check for options. Another really good habit is... following up with the user! Something unbelievably rare nowadays!

Chapeaux bas!

@brandon429 keep doing what you are doing, the way you are doing! Never change!

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@i cant think, @Randy Holmes-Farley got my votes. They are so knowledge AND willing to take the time to share their knowledge. There are many others but I have to take all day to list them. These two are head and shoulder above others.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 98 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back