Chalice Show-Off Thread!!!

dough

Reefing since '95
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate Club-zoa.com!!! I poke around here looking at all the great zoa's thinking wow this is the way I want to go. I sell off half of my SPS this weekend working towards a zoa and ricordea tank and then I run across this thread.

Does the madness ever stop.

What great looking chalices guys. Very impressive.

Is it best to keep them on the sand or LR?

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate Club-zoa.com!!! I poke around here looking at all the great zoa's thinking wow this is the way I want to go. I sell off half of my SPS this weekend working towards a zoa and ricordea tank and then I run across this thread.

tisk...tisk...zoas were so last year...get with the program man! :rolleyes: j/k ;)

btw...sps are on a come back...lol :hammer:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's why you have a tank full of them all like me! SPS, ZOAS, LPS, are the way to go!

dough

Reefing since '95
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tisk...tisk...zoas were so last year...get with the program man!
My teachers always said I was slow!! :hammer:

That's why you have a tank full of them all like me! SPS, ZOAS, LPS, are the way to go!

I'm keeping quite a few SPS and doing mixed tank.

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You can keep on sand as long as nothing burys them or put sand on them so if you have fish that stir alot of sand best to be on rock work you just need to play with the lighting because some like med to high light others low light.

reef-lover

Reef Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MY BIGGEST CHALICE 4X8 - HAD IT SINCE IT WAS ON A FRAG PLUG.
c3.jpg

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that the green growth ring way down below?? Man if so that one is growing in nicely!!!

"one of mine..." huh. Where's the rest of them?????

Nice piece bro!! I gotta come see that tank in person - it's been too long. Have Shiner Bock will travel!!

grknyer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys here is another watermelon chalice frag I picked up two nights ago. Wanted it to get comfortable before I snapped a pic.
002-1.jpg

same frag different position
003-2.jpg

Sister frag I picked up in November. I have posted it in previous posting
IMG_0924.jpg

reefermadness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I have liked about my chalices...They really morph under lights. I picked up a few, one was the hollywood stunner, per Brian at cherrycorals.com and it has went from the blue to a purple...Also I picked up a $10 frag of a neon green at a swap, which has morphed to a nice teel with green mouths, I am noticing some blues streaking in it as it grows larger. I picked up three more frags in the last few weeks for great prices (under $20) and I am excited to see them morph as well. I have notice one developing some oranges and some reds...

Beaker Bob has a superb collection. That four-color is by far my favorite!

NapoliNewJersey

Achilles Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this today in a dead/dying bin at an LFS that I don't really go to cause the prices are ridiculously high.....

It's not really nice but for a dead/dying piece, I'm taking a shot and hopfully it will color up.

IMG_5577.jpg

IMG_5576.jpg

IMG_5578.jpg

IMG_5573.jpg

grknyer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Napoli it looks like a good chance that it's going to make it!;) Would that place you went to be near the Woodbridge mall? I forget the name because I was just there just once.They have a dog running around the shop and a frag tank near the register.

NapoliNewJersey

Achilles Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Napoli it looks like a good chance that it's going to make it!;) Would that place you went to be near the Woodbridge mall? I forget the name because I was just there just once.They have a dog running around the shop and a frag tank near the register.

No but that store is called Aquatic Obsessions and it's around the corner from my house .... I LOVE THAT STORE. If you ever go back give me a call and i'll meet you over there ... I love to BS with fellow reefers in that shop. I'm there all the time.

But no ... I picked that up at a store called TropAquarium in Eatontown, NJ... down in Monmouth County. It's really expensive and I rarely go there but I was down there picking up a used sump I found on Craig'slist and I can't go somewhere without buying something soo......

Chalice looks really good today actually. Alot better than I thought it was at the store.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back