twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would put one at 8” and one at 16”

|<-8”->prime<-8”->prime<-8”->|
I get where you are going. Wouldnt it be more like [<5>prime<4>prime<5>]= 24?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------5-------------5------------------------------------------------
Would that give enough distance from the sides without a lot of light spill? I am not a prime user or really know very much at all on them. I have heard they are pretty good nano lights, we sold a ton of them at the lfs for smaller tanks. I dont really have much hands on with them though.

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are your measurements factoring for the mounts?

Mine aren’t. I would just put a tape mark at 8 and 16 and the center the mount on the tape.

If too much spill I would get shades ( I use and like them)

OP
OP
eliaslikesfish

eliaslikesfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would put one at 8” and one at 16”

|<-8”->prime<-8”->prime<-8”->|
what percentage for the lights? I know I should get a par meter but I don’t know any to buy or rent one so I’m willing to guesstimate, everything has done fine thus far.

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are your measurements factoring for the mounts?

Mine aren’t. I would just put a tape mark at 8 and 16 and the center the mount on the tape.

If too much spill I would get shades ( I use and like them)
ahh I get it now! I was thinking you meant actual spacing, So I basically said what you said but was using what width the lights took up. They are a little under 5" wide, giving you around 5" to either side and 4-5 in between. Shades are a great idea.

ReeferFive-0

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would stop using the moonlight during the day, that's just for a moonlight effect once your lights go off for the night. I would use the 70% BRS recommended settings. You can use acclimation mode and start at 80-90 percent for a 30 day acclimation. PAR will affect corals more than spectrum so switching to the BRS settings won't be an issue, just don't go too intense too fast. I do the BRS settings on my Biocube 32 at 70% and it's all the light I'll ever need for that tank.

Edit: I saw you're getting a second light...you'll probably want to run them lower than the 70% setting if you put a second one on this tank.
Screenshot_20240202_010822_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what percentage for the lights? I know I should get a par meter but I don’t know any to buy or rent one so I’m willing to guesstimate, everything has done fine thus far.

Do you want to borrow one? If you promise in front of the world that you’ll return it to me, and you pay shipping both ways, I’ll let you borrow mine when you’re ready

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 60 33.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 32.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back