OP
Chaotic

Chaotic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Update*

Got some Nasarius snails and a cleaner shrimp for cleanup and such.

I have unfortunately had my first loss however.... my Flame Angel has perished today...
And I miiiiggghhhhttt know why, but am not 100%. He was acting soooo very shy since the first day I received him, and never ate anything I offered. I was going to the store today to get some appetite stimulant from fritz... I forgot what its called but it is supposed to work very well. I get home with the inverts and supplies, only to find the flame angel dead... I am VERY surprised at how quickly he died, but that is my suspicion as to how, lack of food and too stressed.

Thats all for now, eel is doing good, and clowns seem ok so far, and blue tang is the most aggressive eater in the bunch, even more than the eel lol.

OP
OP
Chaotic

Chaotic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Large Update*

ok so ill go ahead and list whats going on today

1. moved ALL coral from old tank to new one

2. found someone to take my old tank and fish off my hands

3. got a couple pieces of coral and a small maxima clam from lfs'

4. eel is doing good, very shy, but is eating regularly

5. Clownfish.... they are... well just ok. I am very concerned they might have a parasite or are sick or something, they just are not eating well, and one is looking fairly thin and slightly ripped fins. No signs of ick, velvet, or brook. If anyone may know whats up, PLEASE let me know. I am probably going to do a 1-2 min freshwater dip tomorrow to check for flukes.

6. moved lights and got some chaeto to start a refugium in one of the back chambers

I will post pics of coral and light and such when I can!

OP
OP
Chaotic

Chaotic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lost one of my clowns today....... and the medication I order just came in as well....... Still not 100% sure what is plaguing my clowns...

OP
OP
Chaotic

Chaotic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, Bulk Reef Supply screwed up my order again. First one I ordered some test kits, opened the box to find them all spilled over and instructions soaked. Today with the credit I got back from that, I am missing the carbon I ordered, the single thing I needed the MOST out of all the things in it. ugh..........

OP
OP
Chaotic

Chaotic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp, I'm almost ready to just give up at this point. Both my clowns are dead to I have no idea what. Didnt even get to setup the quarantine tank in time. My blue tang is covered in ich but seems ok otherwise. And I just moved my dragonet from my old tank to the new, and he seemed ok, but now he is just sitting in one spot and is unresponsive to me being close or even touching him, just moves a little and throughs a threat posture. Is that normal? I dont even know where to go from here................

OP
OP
Chaotic

Chaotic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, been a while since I updated. Been very busy with other things, but basically there is no good news besides a few things..... First off, my tang just perished today in the quarantine tank, and I still have NO idea to what... My BEST guess was blach ich as I could only see small black specs on him. No white spots, no heavy mucus, no other large visual indicators of what the ailment was. No stringy white poop either. Only things I had to go off of was he scratched a lot, and slowly lost his appetite. had him for over a month, and in the first 2 weeks no issues, but it slowly got worse.

In other news, my eel is doing fine and my dragonet seems ok as well. Eel has a HUGE appetite, which is a relief to me, and he is eating frozen foods as well. Coral is doing good, no casualties yet, and inverts are fine besides a hermit death or two now and then. filtration is good, but I will have to look into getting an ATO as my skimmer is super sensitive to ANY water level change. if anyone knows what may have happened to my tang or clowns, PLEASE let me know. I have no idea what killed them to this day, but same symptoms. Scratching, slow loss of appetite, no outer signs of disease, then they slowly starve I guess, and then sit at the bottom of the tank barely moving.

Thats all for now, sigh........

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back