OP
OP
keddre

keddre

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not upset about what Tahoe said. I even said in my original post that I don't mind if I have to wait until my full out lighting upgrade.'

Honestly if you do not have the lighting such as T5
I'm really sitting on this fence hard right now. On the one hand, I could probably retrofit a home depot light onto my tank for $40-50. On the other hand the anemone probably isn't worth that $50. But back to the previous hand, it would probably be a good middle step between the t5 and mh. Plus my gorgonian and goni would probably appreciate the addition too.

I am being considerate to the animal.
That's the r2r standard :)

Edit: oh, and I would have to buy another timer too but home depot always have those on clearance

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A used current orbit strip would be fine. Usually about $50.
eBay Odyssesea brand two bulb strips. Another used marineland strip too.

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok Thanks for the par info. So I'd think best to try & find out what par the BTA is under now & go from there. Probably easier than said !

OP
OP
keddre

keddre

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A used current orbit strip would be fine. Usually about $50.
eBay Odyssesea brand two bulb strips. Another used marineland strip too.
added to the list. I'm still open to suggestions, but I'll make my final decision by tomorrow

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 165 watt black boxes over my fish only. On of those would do it I'm pretty sure. They weren't too pricey but probably too bulky for your needs .

OP
OP
keddre

keddre

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, another question to the community. In my current living environment, I have only one available electrical socket. On that socket I am running one full-sized freezer, my led's, two powerheads, one return pump, a heater and two cheap home depot lights with the use of three daisy-chained surge protectors. There are also times that I will hook my saw and drill up to it to do some handy work. Do you think that if I kill the drill, saw and leds, that I could run my metal halide on it now, or is that just pushing it? Honestly I think I probably could, but I don't know at what point is just too much. While it is a lot on one socket, that socket is also the only one on the circuit.

Back